Thread: Pluto :(
View Single Post
Unread 25 Aug 2006, 08:45   #18
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Pluto :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
Too late; the probe is already on the way.

though thats just a fly by they were planning a full stay in orbit mapping thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I worked as a volunteer at the Mauna Kea observatory when I lived in Hawai'i. People would wait years on getting some time on one of those telescopes. They would spend years doing research, getting everything prepared, doing mathematical models, etc, and then after all that, they would get a certain amount of hours and some cloud cover would come in and destroy the little time they had and their career.
did they throw themselves off the mountain? i was watching the sky at night and apparently pro-am astronomers now have off the shelf equipment that lets them equal the work that was done in the late 80s early 90s!