Thread: Tomorrow
View Single Post
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 19:13   #46
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
I don't understand the need to commemorate non-intuitive or non-obvious anniversaries.
(Stop using 'non-intuitive' in every post. It's makes you sound like a mongchop.)

Quote:
I don't believe in generational debt and i don't believe anyone in WWII died for me, but rather for themselves their families.
As I have already said about five times already, regardless of these men's intentions (And I personally consider your point laughable in so much as it assumes these men were not fighting on the basis of an assumed moral superiority.) they assisted in sustaining your way of life. Your totaly inability to freely admit this does you no favours.

Even so, your point is bizzare, since in an awful lot of cases, we are the families of the people who died.

Quote:
I don't think history should be about commemorating in the sense of having a minutes silence, that to me anyway achieves little.
Of course it doesn't 'achieve' anything you goit. What it does is to allow for a moments reflection, and it provides an opportunity for a person to give thanks to the sacrifices involves.

Quote:
Holding a minutes silence for the victims of the holocaust is a lot less important to me than understanding the events and the reasons for those events that led to it*.
To me, they are equally important. I can't approach the event dispassionately. If you want to view all history through some kind of non-emotional lense, then feel free, but I think you're missing out on an awful lot.

Quote:
Remembering a particular battle in the american war of independence or of 1812 is less important than understanding the reasons that a unilateral declaration of indepence was made in the first place.
Eh? When have I argued that we should only focus on individual actions, or whatever?

Quote:
Remembering that men killed each other is less important than why they did,
Okay. Can we agree that what they did was heroic by any normal definition? And can we agree that the cause of liberating western Europe from totalitarianism was a just cause?

So where's the dispute?

Quote:
* the holocaust had nothing to do with d-day or our freedom
You said:

Quote:
i do query the logic in holding one moment up (good or bad) as an eternal example and saying remember.
Which is a general point regarding history. Hence my retort regarding the Holocaust.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote