View Single Post
Unread 9 Oct 2017, 19:00   #23
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Cluster Alliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
How do you think people who do politics and targetting got there? Were they born in charge?
Some of them prolly was, without knowing everyones history, alot of the HCs out there has been GC/HC almost since the very beginning of PA or since they started playing.

Quote:
I'm not suggesting agar3s would put Joe McNewbie in charge of all of Ultores/Astatores politics on his very first round. That's so obvious I shouldn't have to spell it out.

But once he's comfortable with the game, Joe might be given the targets and taught how to set up the attack, just the pure mechanics. Then after a while, blablabla
This might be the long-term road poor mister McNewbie has to go if he wants to fullfill his wishes to be a PA king, after months or even years of work he can enjoy all aspects of the game.
Wich wasnt what i was saying anyways.

Community rounds can be much more entertaining and giving than normal rounds for a lot of people as they have to work with people they dont know, and usualy have to step up and do stuff like setting up attacks and what not, wich theyve never done before in their normal alliances.

It can be completely diffrent from normal rounds as most alliances arnt putting effort into winning a "community round", and the "power" belongs to other people than the normal criminals.
A lot of the "pre PaX/PaN" magic was that the game was way more individualy/gal based than it is today. Orginisational skills, stats knowledge, tech knowledge, and sosicial skills was deciding, not who you have been playing with the last few years or what your pa history looks like.
And some people actualy enjoy PA "rounds" thats diffrent from the normal ones when it comes to what the social/alliance/hiearcy structures is based upon.

Quote:
What I dislike about this suggestion is that it forces everyone to play with a bunch of randoms, if they want to play at all. If that's what you're into, that's fine, but you can already do that: just sign up a random planet and switch alliance. Why make everyone else do the same? Many people only play this game because their friends play. PA is a social game, and alliances are where people build their long-term communities. We already have a (semi-)random unit of cooperation: galaxies. We don't need another.
Nobody said anything about only playing with random people.
If you did read the post directed at Kaiba, it would link you to previous set ups(bps/gals).
Any changes suggested wich will remove the possibility for individuals to troll ppl using the ingame features like last xmas will be brilliant suggestions.

Quote:
Yeah, I know exactly what they're like: as long as they can be bothered, the people who decide "things" in normal rounds also decide things in random rounds. These people aren't in charge because they lead alliances, they lead alliances because they're in charge. Alliances are not the cause, they are the effect. Remember, they once formed naturally, without any "ingame support".
Most formed naturally within the clusters.
Or based on who landed in gals together.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote