View Single Post
Unread 21 Jan 2007, 14:04   #35
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold
Re: Woo, more changes

I thought I better write quick note about the implementation within the bcalc of the stealing algorithm. I don’t know what the implementation within the game may be but I have made the following assumptions while implementing the bcalc.

Ships that don’t fire can’t be destroyed as part of the stealing algorithm, so EMP’d ships don’t die to make the 1:1 value rule match. Part of the same assumption also means that if you send 1000 ships and it only takes 100 to steal all of the target ships, only 100 of the stealers will be killed (by the value rule) regardless of the value of the ships.

I don’t know if these assumptions are valid but it seems like the sensible way to do the calculations. I don’t have enough information on how this is treated atm as I’m not sure that it had been considered that the Zik ships would kill more ship value than they have themselves. It is effectively changing the 1:1 value ratio.

Thrud
Thrud is offline   Reply With Quote