Thread: Game Direction
View Single Post
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 17:13   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Game Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Just to note, the only people who ever claimed the changes were to stop fort galaxies were alliances and forum users.
Being completely truthful I think you'd have to admit that was a good part of it.

Quote:
We probably should have made it slightly easier to disband (we've disbanded some galaxies but not a large amount), but it's been rumoured that some players have signed up several accounts to join good galaxies, and these inactive accounts are probably causing the problem more than anything.
To be honest I'm in two fairly active communities, ascendancy and apprime, and I haven't heard anything about this so I doubt it's that big.

Quote:
By the way, Cin and I are very interested in much, much, much more concrete ideas in manual / layout suggestions for making the game more playable.
Maybe when I finish the pa wiki history I'll give it a go! Realistically though the whole thing needs changing.

I've only got a few minutes but say like this. When you sign up an account you have an option "new player". Tick it and either your overview is alerted slightly (probably a bit awkward) or an e-mail gets sent to you with a link to "so you've started to play pa" type manual. This would take you through, clearly and succinctly, what you need to do in PA. Pretty much everyone has signed up knowing it's a space based browser game so there's no need to tell them this or related shit.

1) Welcome to your planet. This is your base of operations and improving this planet is the point of the game.

2) To improve your planet you need to do 4 things. Research new technologies, construct new buildings, produce new ships using these two and then capture asteroids so you can build even more ships.

3) These things take time, you have start-up bonuses to help you. Go look at "the quests" to find out what order to best do them in (make the quests slightly more informative).

4) Your best advantage is your galaxy. Galaxy's communicate via IRC, mail your galaxy mates to find out how to use this simple program. They will be able to give you advice on how best to build your planet.

These are the four steps that get people from "wtf is this incomprehensible shit" to where the game is actually played. If they don't like it fair enough but you have to at least get them there.