View Single Post
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 17:40   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Shortening Prelaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
This is *so* obviously wrong its unbelieveable. Indeed, i would be almost certain that prelaunch is used for defence a hell of alot more than for attacks - as often prelaunch for one or two ticks for universal defence and prelaunch for four or more ticks for in-gal defence are extrodinarily common - DCing would effectively be made an order of magnitude more difficult without it.
I meant "any more than 5-6 ticks isn't needed" - for paid planets vs paid planets, after the first week at most, anything is eta 9.

Quote:
Also, the most obvious way to run your fleet away for as long as possible is to set your fleet for 12 hours in defend, which then takes universal travel time to get somewhere, then uni TT - 1 back. Any attack, including fake attacks (as the defender obviously doesnt know if it is fake) is a hostile action, and thus makes the player a legitimate target for retal which kinda defeats the purpose of trying to save your fleet anyway. Also, sending in defence on some random planet not in 1:1 isnt likely to get your fleet killed, where it would in attack etc.
Yes, but I've seen fleets land in 1:1 with defence with attacks the same time. The safest thing to do is fake attack, assuming it's 1:1 or someone that won't take offense and retal you.