Thread: Attack Times
View Single Post
Unread 2 Aug 2007, 17:55   #20
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Attack Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Just once in top100 though, at least during PAX?

Could you please elaborate to us the calculations you've made regarding the top50 planets? Being a mathematician I'm very eager to see the hard statistical side of things.
No, I always finish in the t200 at least, and I've been in the t100 at least 4 times since PAX (I played as a scanner from r14-r19).

Doing a hard calc I would agree with jester that on average you can land somewhere between 30-40% of your attacks. If you only launch one a day over the course of a 7 week round this means you've landed 17 attacks (assuming a 35% landing rate). If you have launched two a day you will land around 34 attacks over the course of seven weeks. If you launch on average 1.5 attacks a day you've landed roughly 25 attacks. If you look at the top planet right now (2.4.8) he has landed 34 attacks so far this round. If you work out the math on him, if he has been launching two attacks per day on average he has landed 42% of his attacks (at the high end of the estimate). The number two planet has landed 40% of his attacks assuming two attacks a day. So by those numbers (if you want to calc some more and show the results be my guest) my 1.5-1.75 range may in fact be low. But when you average it over the t50 as a whole I suspect it will be probably about right.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote