View Single Post
Unread 28 Feb 2019, 15:59   #26
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: Forts and whining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
And yet 6 6 are running away with it with a 9m lead and 7k roids more over the next biggest by size galaxy. It's a joke and no galaxy should be afforded that much freedom and that few incs in a round
The only joke is the salty narrative perpetuated by people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about. As mz's post shows, it's been one of the most dominant performances by a galaxy of the last 25 rounds, and has been from pretty much the beginning.

What mz's post doesn't show is that we had incs something like 4 nights of the first week. We hit #1 in size and val in the first 100 ticks, would get hit by Fail Less, who would then crash on us and drop us back to mid table on size, and 2 days later be back to #1 again to start the process all over. We clearly displayed early round an ability to minimise losses and then bounce back immediately, far greater than any other galaxy. And that's not even what made us so much better than the rest.

By the time mid game had rolled around, we had developed defensively into absolute f*cking animals, to put it bluntly. We had nearly half of our galaxy ditectly involved in the block war, with either some, or all of them being Planet Targetted daily. These were generally several waves of 2-3 man teamups at first, but progressed to 5-6-7 man teams, and we also recieved multiple 10+ man teamups. That isn't 'no' or 'few incs' by any stretch, and putting forth the argument that it is, is pure idiocy.

What separated us from the rest of the universe wasn't a lack of incs, but the absolute selflessness that we displayed as a unit even if it wasn't always the case as individuals. The fact that while every other galaxy in the universe was bleeding roids, we didn't lose a single one due to our cross def for something like 300+ ticks (not even the 10 man lolwaves were landing), despite our guys often getting minimal to no ally def. We even managed to continually grow in the face of those incs.

Our ability to cross def and cover waves, and then scramble to still force recalls on the ones we couldn't, was supreme. I like to be involved in galaxies which have a strong defensive culture, it's core to how I play the game, but never in my time in PA have I been involved in a galaxy that was as strong in defense and being able to work as a team as this one was for the vast majority of the round. We would ground fleets to a man when needed. We had guys that would stay up until God knows what time of the morning DCing, not only for themselves and their own alliance, but others. When one lad was in danger of losing his fleet, we had the entire galaxy abusing his phone with calls and texts in an attempt to wake him up. When that failed and he crashed his fleet on def, the galaxy accross the board donated millions of resources each to get him and his fleet back up and running again. Every other galaxy would have expressed their dismay and then left him to pick up the pieces alone.

I understsnd that most people aren't privy to the goings on of our galaxy, and only know as much as what they see from gazing up at the lofty heights above them on the universe rsnkings page, but frankly if these people haven't got a ****ing clue of what they're talking about, which is clearly the case, then they would be best served to keep their uninformed commentary to themselves.

Cheers,
JM
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote