View Single Post
Unread 14 Dec 2009, 17:29   #22
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: Of score (and game mentality)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Damn, I hadn't thought about EMP at all yet. A simple solution to that problem (one I've advocated for a while now, though for different reasons) is to abolish the monopoly Cath and Etd have on EMP ships. Similar changes can be made to Zik's stealing and Xan's cloak. If everyone can choose (not) to build EMP ships, score does not need to be attributed to hugging. People have resisted this proposal in the past, I guess because it strikes people as quite a fundamental change, even though (imo) it isn't.
I have said the last couple of rounds that we need to go back to pre-r6 ways, give everyone a chance to build all type of ships. However that doesnt solve the fact you wouldnt get XP for killing fleet with these.

Perhaps its just based on value stopped+killed.

Also I do think that you should get equal XP for defending and attacking. However remove the fact you combine fleets when they land, so its all about each player, not about the blob.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote