View Single Post
Unread 7 Dec 2009, 02:49   #12
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Of score (and game mentality)

A very excellent post you made mz, I'm curious and slightly excited to see where this discussion will go!

To me this seems that you are essentially wanting to make this an XP game again (or some balance of XP and value) but with XP completely reworked into what it probably should have been in the first place?

Another thing that springs to my mind: mz spoke of only rewarding successful combat. Does this include successful defence? Obviously we don't want to make it sim-planet or over power defending such that people are put off attacking because of the rewards of defending, but equally if an alliance is on the back-foot (e.g. outnumbered in a block war) they should still have some form of reward for good defence I think. If your enemy doesn't crash on good defence, then obviously there is no reward either way, but if they do crash, in a game where value will not be predominant, is salvage and the loss of enemy ships reward enough?
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote