Thread: R66 ship stats
View Single Post
Unread 29 Feb 2016, 17:45   #25
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough
Re: R66 ship stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Illusion is costs nearly double to make faking with just pods riskier, but it has no effect on real attacks as its armor and ERes are in line with the other Co.

I don't see a problem with an EMP ship being more efficient T2 than T1, and specifically the Guardian fires after Cat Bs, though I'd expect us to increase Cat Bs ERes by a point or two (though in reality only the Hornet's ERes matters). As I said, numbers aren't fixed yet.

As for forting, I wanted to be Fr and De forts to be an option, not a must-go. Fr forts would be open to Bs XP runs while De would be open to Fi ones. As long as galaxy size isn't at 8 or higher, I don't predict that being a huge problem.
First of as long as BP's isn't reduced galaxy size is more likely to be 10 at the eor.

Was at work, did some calcs now, and yea the illusion work. Just seemed wierd, also when it doesn't apply for the vampire. Shouldn't the same thing apply there?

Same for the T2 targeting, wierd having it t2 higher. Don't have any problems with it, other then it being in in the high 160, but yea fine.

For forting when the only "obsticale" is xp runs it's only a possibility for a while. Who do you think of alliances will go etd fi as a strategy? When you get a few ships the two xan's build some banshee and you're good.

When you also opened up that BS can hit FR (and DE probably, depends on how many caths) it also become an possibility to fort as BS.

Lets see what ally help you can get:
FI = Beetle, Banshee, Cutlass
Fort = Need 1 cutter fleet

CO = Creditor, Phantom, harpy, Corsair.
Fort= Pegs, Locust

FR = Pulsar or bomber
Fort= Rogue, bomber

DE = Viper, scarab
Fort= Guardian, roach

CR/BS Forting and ally def is same thing.

FR fort=
Wasp, Locust, Scarab, tarantula, Mantis
Clipper(-), Cutter(-), Buccaneer, Rogue, Cutlass
Weak vs BS

DE fort=
Drake, Pegs, Gryphon, Dragon
Bomber, Revenant, Banshee
Weak vs FI (for a short while)

CR fort=
Rogue, marauder, cutlass
Creditor, Recluse, Guardian, Tycoon
Weak vs BS if loads of cath

BS fort=
Wyvern, dragon, pegs, (war frigate)
Roach, tarantula, Wasp, Locust
Weak vs FR

So if you look however you fort you are only weak vs 1 thing. So FI can hit De forts, CO can't attack a fort.

Can you think of any alliance going FI? So FI isn't really an option. FI and CO is what have the most ally def vs it as well, so seems like an idiotic choice to pick.

You've made stats that have garantueed forting. Nobody in their right mind will go random. If you go random it's purely for XP or you're lucky ending up in a good gal

Can ad this as well to show you why it'll be forting:
FR ally (except if you outflak before you get to killing)
Can outflak vs FI in ally (except mass Cutlass)
No def vs CO in ally
No def vs FR in ally
Scarab vs DE in ally
Forting gives em everything - anti-BS

DE ally
Can outflak FI
No def vs CO
Pulsar vs FR
Bomber vs DE
Forting gives them everything, but same problem with FI

CR ally
Can outflak vs FI
Creditor vs CO
No def vs FR
No def vs DE
Gives them everything if they fort

BS ally
Can outflak vs FI
No def vs CO
No def vs FR
Scarab vs DE
Gives them everything except anti-fr

Last edited by Sandvold; 29 Feb 2016 at 18:38.
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote