View Single Post
Unread 17 Feb 2008, 19:52   #14
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold
Re: New feature; blow up your own constructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
afaik, every covert op is already logged and trackable, and it is trivial to automatically check to see if they lower their security prior to a covert op and then raise it again straight after.
its not something that you need to manually check for each one, theres often a telltale pattern.
its just like one of the oldest tricks to determine account sharing. They change the password to something - someone else logs in, and they change the password again after the person is done - often back to the same one.

As for unenforcible - tell that to the multihunters. They can enforce any rule as they see fit.
For such an event, imo they should restore the structure, remove the xp from the covert opper and punish both by removing 5% of value and xp.
When I said it was virtually unenforcable I was going on what multihunters had told me. I'm sure if there were enough people looking through for long enough it would be possible to do. At the moment though it would need someone to look at every single cov-op that was done and check if it looked like it was allowed by the planet and even then it would only be circumstantial evidence. Unless you only want to make it against the rules to do it repeatedly, and then you'd have arguments as to how often counts as "repeatedly". Basically it's not practical to make a rule that both isn't incredibly hard to enforce and doesn't require imposing arbritary limits.