View Single Post
Unread 20 Sep 2007, 11:56   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: PA player burnout, how to prevent it?

I had the same problem which is why I don't play any more.

I played round 22 and really enjoyed it, I was active most nights & really went for it, I did reasonably well then tailed off as I went on holiday for the last week and a half

When round 23 came a long it was also time to start my 3rd year at uni, so I stopped on grounds of not failing my degree. I do have the time to play semi actively and probably hold a spot in a decent alliance, but like you, just can't be arsed with the repetition of it all.

I think it's an inevitable problem though. A game like Planetarion where round upon round it's all the same is going to have people tailing off doing it. Unlike an mmorpg where progression through the game is continuous, I think the fact everything gets reset and put back to zero is the demotivating issue.

Perhaps take a few rounds break then come back a fresh. When I left PA Team at the end of Round 20 I didn't want to play or do anything, but a break from it for a round made playing round 22 really enjoyable & I had a lot of fun. Perhaps I might give round 24 a chance when it comes around.

I don't think I've been too insightful on the subject, but it's how it seems to me, hope it helps :-)

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote