View Single Post
Unread 9 Jul 2007, 09:42   #43
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: An Open Letter to the Planetarion Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
There is no point in upholding an alliance limit when you allow people to go around it. I think the alliance limit is a feature worth defending. If that means closing people that think they found a loop-hole then so be it.
That's fine, but tell people that you're going to do this before you start doing it!

The alliance limit is not directly mentioned at all in the EULA or game rules. The rules, as I am getting tired of repeating, merely refer to 'unfair actions' with no definition of what these are. The past consensus was that scanning was not considered to be an unfair action. This was used by reasonable people to decide on their strategy; had the rules been clearer, people would not have scanned in this way.

Remy himself has admitted that he has closed people based on rules that they have not been told about. Whether this is fair or not is a completely separate issue from the question of whether we should have a clear rule against scanning for people in a different tag. The fact is that we didn't have such a clear rule. The support planet rule is so vague that it requires interpretation, and the original interpretation of the rule was that it did not apply to scanning. This changed, nobody was told, and now we have a mess which nobody is admitting to.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote