View Single Post
Unread 20 Nov 2018, 14:48   #3
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Quest rewards and Def fleet.

I agree with a lot of that about quests, particularly the unbalancing effect of the joint chiefs.
I'm not particularly fussed about rp and cp as rewards - I dont think it unbalances things particularly. The encouragement to build 5 of each for rp early can bite you later when you want 100 dists to complete that block but dont have the cons space, so it is not actually as simple as go for all the rp giving quests early.
I think I would either dramatically curtail or remove altogether the resource giving quests.
I would give either simply xp, which is in many respects useless, to have lots of it does ot change the balance of things, but it does help your rank. Alternatively give something else entirely.*
*I quite like the notion of being given small amounts of a special ship (because these could only be gotten by quests their numbers would be very limited so they would have to be useful regardless of planet size, so either something like the notorious cargo ship, or something useful race specifically - this round for ziks to get co pods by a quest would be good for them, similarly etd fi pods; for cats in any round a killer that fits into an attack fleet would always be useful even in very small numbers; xans could have properly cloaked versions of ghosts or phants - though i dont know what in a more usual all cloaked xan round. Stumped on terr! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by wades209 View Post

The game needs to get back to winning by stealing and defending roids. Not building entirely one ships type for an alliance. That doesn't make sense in the overall spirit of the game.
Def planets are a completely different issue to quests; they are not a game mechanics issue really - except that stats are built so that those following a particular ship build strategy automatically have holes they can only fill with def planets.
But even if Ship stats went back to what they once were - far more multi-target and fewer defensive holes you would not eliminate def planets, which are a game play choice for quite a few people.
Removing the number of planets that do not count to alliance score might have an effect - but this is an endlessly debated topic all of its own.