View Single Post
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 08:51   #24
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: This Flash Car Wash thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
You shouldn't ever be at a stage of scratching the car during drying. By the time you've been through a proper cleaning process there shouldn't be a spec of nasty grit or dirt about. You should always start by rinsing the entire thing down to get rid of the really heavy stuff. Then lather it up and wash, followed by a final rinse. By this stage there should be no dirt in sight. If the grit you are worried about is coming from your cloth you are drying it with then you need a new cloth, after the final rinse there shouldn't be any dirt left for it to pickup, the cloth should always be clean as a whistle. Now, rather than a cloth you should really be using a good leather shammy, or a really really high quality synthetic one (there's lots of cheapy shit ones out there).

Use large but breif strokes during the drying stage, it will reduce the likelyhood of water stains occuring. If worse ever comes to worse and you do get a scratch in the paint, then you can still fix it up with a good cut & polish.

i know i know but there was a tiny winy bit of grit on the chamois. Its left a very very very mild scratch on the bonnet. I plan on purchasing some Meguiers anti scratch crap which apparently is just a simple case of put it on and then buff it off. It takes a very fine layer of paint off and removes the scratch totally.

The chamois i used was the best in the store btw. Williams F1 team endorsed too!

My car is'nt a nova.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote