Unread 17 May 2004, 16:46   #67
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MASSIVE abuse of Scanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
OK 2 points.

Ive stated already that ppl scanning by simply pressing the scan button manually IS legal, as long as that is all they do.

Now.
1) Its easy for ppl to say that I cant prove it so it doesnt happen. That is bullshit. I know it happens, infact several officers/hc in a certain alliance ahve used a script to access scans, especially in the early parts when scan planets were rare. I know this happened because I myslef had access to it, and I got a scan in less than a second from a planet whose owner was ofline. The fact that we couldnt prove it (i was with a multihunter at the time), doesnt mean it didnt happen, as it clearly did.

Im not stating which ppl used scripts or whatever, but clearly the game would not go down, simply by a gal of 10 ppl, who were doing it one at a time, scanning. It brought the game down, it wasnt thru normal use, and therefor it is an illegal action.
I'm sorry Forest, but you are wrong. You go try clicking your mouse about 5 times a second. It is clearly possible for someone to do this. Get off of the scripts idea, because we didn't use em. Get off of your high trip on catching cheaters.
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote