View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2011, 14:27   #27
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Enslavement - On the fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Subject to your status ... the good old Expatriation Tax.
I made a longish edit that pretty much explains why for an average person (the people you're concerned about here) the tax duty is insignificant: sure, yes, you're going to struggle to find a country where you don't have to pay any taxes, but you're somewhat free to 'choose' to which country you pay your taxes to, as of residence. I don't really personally see anything alarming here.

ps. how are the income tax progressions in US anyways?

"Your average annual net income tax for the 5 years ending before the date of expatriation or termination of residency is more than a specified amount that is adjusted for inflation ($139,000 for 2008; $145,000 for 2009 and 2010).
Your net worth is $2 million or more on the date of your expatriation or termination of residency."

For the expat linked to concern you you'd need to be filthy rich or on filthy high income to begin with.

People with above the threshold net income are really the 'rich elite' you're so heavily lined up against. Please read the edit on my prior post. I can understand discussing conspiracy theories but let's at least stick to a degree of facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
Here is a Brief summary
Kennedy made various speeches speaking out against the elite
Yes this was discussed in Zeitgeist, probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Yes, rich people want poor people to remain poor. Yes, globalization as it's currently being implemented is not actually good for most people
Here's my five cents on globalization:
Colonization and imperialism were in effect a transfer from them (negroes) to us (whites). Globalization is a transfer from the average households to the "capitalist owners". If you want to be a realist, what ultimately allows globalization to do this is the unusual suspects: the general public. By holding on to silly nationalism and not being able to export trade unions in a similar fashion where corporations offshore outsource business functions, the general public is considering which shoes to wear when the corporate world is halfway through the marathon.

In essence, these are both the same thing, however, the people that are crying wolf now probably weren't the ones crying wolf when they were a part of the benefiting party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
One of the aims of the agenda is a 1 world government and a 1 world currency.
It's going to be curious to see whether the Chinese will give up on renminbi, or the Americans will give up on their dollar. I wouldn't bet on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi
I reiterate a question mentioned in one of the videos "Why isn't monetary theory taught in schools or colleges?"
Why don't people simply settle it out before taking a massive loan for a house? You could try teach it in schools, but, probably, most people still wouldn't care.

Quote:
http://www.publiceye.org/conspire/flaherty/Federal_Reserve.html
A PhD of economics probably has a better clue than an anonymous youtube poster yes. It's nice you've found someone who has a knowledge of the monetary history of the US in a political sense.

Quote:
Come off as incredibly condescending, especially when it's laughable you preach economics with sources like it means anything compared to a sound scientific study
Here's the problem with 'layman youtube videos' - they neglect facts. A lot of layman statements neglect facts. Like, the expat tax - arguing that a person moving abroad from US and residing abroad permanently needs to pay a double tax is somewhat incoherent with the actual system. Yes, there is an expat tax in basically all tax systems: however, it isn't really interesting from the point of view of an average worker moving abroad. Yes, it can be interesting if you earn hundreds of thousands as yearly salary (which many do not). The people who do, most likely circumvent expat in some creative fashion.

Calling it world enslavement just sounds. Really, really out of touch.

ps. Honestly, what else are these youtube videos but preaching something that has nothing to do with 'a sound scientific study'? The first signal of it not really being sound scientific study is that the author's doing a lot to retain anonymity. Probably because the banking elite would assassinate him should they find it out.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 31 Aug 2011 at 14:40.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote