View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2011, 13:34   #26
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: World Enslavement - On the fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What annoys me is this.

Partly, what you say is true. Yes, rich people want poor people to remain poor. Yes, globalization as it's currently being implemented is not actually good for most people. You hide it so deep in the anus of conspiracy theory, I'm shoulder deep and can barely get them out, but when you hint at that part, I agree with you.

But then you get to the crazy stuff. Shady backrooms where our corporate overlords plot our demise, ready to murder whoever stands in their way, keeping the sheeple down by poisoning their minds with commercials and war and sports and nationalism in a giant plan to take over the world. That's where you lose me. Because it just isn't true.
I now see your point of view

Quote:
How do I know it isn't? Because there's no need for them to go underground and plot and scheme. The horrible things that are being done are out in the open and very well documented. The British East India Company, the Dutch one, United Fruit, the military-industrial complex in general; these things are not secrets, because they don't need to be.
Aye, Some folk can see It (as you described above) and some can't ... currently there isn't enough folk who can see It for the staus quo to change.

Quote:
So when you echo far out conspiracy theories about the assassination of JFK (which in any case was a fairly minor event), the only thing I can think of is this. When otherwise intelligent people go on and on about how 9/11 was an inside job, I can only roll my eyes and wish they'd spend their effort dealing with the real problems.
I agree ... I really don't want JFK and assassination in this thread in any major detail. I don't want to get compartmentalised.

Quote:
And in closing, just a bit of advice: when you act like everyone who disagrees with you is just a fool who's buying into the party line (as you're doing here), you're just going to end up looking like an elitist prick; if your goal is convincing people of the terrible danger, then that might not be the way to go. Do with that what you will.
Totally get what you are saying, What would be your suggestion to continue?
(open question to all and would like to hear your thoughts)
You are right Mz I don't want to look like an Elitist prick, I am hoping to learn from this myself as I don't have all the answers.

edit -

/me reads up on Zeyi's posts