View Single Post
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 17:24   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: New MH team / head of MH team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I think kargool that a main point of the problem was something discussed about 10 months ago?, that according to the rules the pa team (and by extension the MH team) can change the rules as they wish to suit a situation. This along with MANY weird/dictator style decisions from your team over the rounds leads to distrust from the player base.

If as is said that you don't have the tools to do the job of hunting multis effectively and cannot acquire these tools then really your team is redundant in this endeavour.

I have no issue with you being a team that polices other abuses within the game (offensiveness, racism for example) but if you are unable to hunt multis then that part of your job should be removed.

People will cheat at this game. People will get away with it too. I don't believe the mh team is biased in any way tho maybe the close knit nature of the game reflects in the severity of some punishments and the accuseds ability to defend themselves sometimes (Ace you need to get some people skills seriously!!)

There is really no solution to all this tho. Stay as is and the problem continues. Allow people 2-3 planets each and still some will have 6-9!!

We as a community using the vast knowledge of the player base through there diverse careers and so on need to instead create tools to help mh team if possible... That is where the solution lies I feel
This entire post is my views and my views only and is not an offical Multihunter statement

First of all, I want to emphasize something that makes a lot of misunderstandings happen when it comes to multihunting. There are people who cheat in this game, there has been and always will be. The multihunters job is varied, not only catch cheaters, but also make sure that other parts of the game are marshalled.

My experience from the time I have had as a multihunter is that pretty much every decision you have to make will always piss off someone. Without going into specific cases, I had one example one round where a person playing the game thanked us for making a tough decision regarding a rule one day, only for him to come in the next day and slate us for something on a completely different matter.

Whats right and wrong in this game from a players viewpoint tends to be whatever a few people and their cronies seem to think in a situation, and really isnt founded by an understanding of the rules, more an understanding of what they think the rules are.

I can understand this, because as a HC, I mostly wanted decisions from the PA team that gained my type of play, and gaining my view on how PA should be played.

As a multihunter I am pretty much bound to the rules of the game, not one type of play, and in my opinion thats exactly how I should be. I cant make decisions based on heart, but have to make it based upon the rules at hand.

But as a well known subsection of the rules say: we as multihunters do have some leeway to decide when a situation arises that is untold of, or completely new. We then have a process where we discuss inside the team, and also with people involved in the incident, trying to understand what has happend, and then make a ruling that we try to make "offical" in that type of situation.

It is a really really difficult job to do, with sometimes us having to make timesensitive decisions because fleets landing etc.

I personally wish I could catch everyone that cheats in this game, and while we do have options, and choices and opportunities to close some cheaters, the burden of proof weighs heavy on our shoulders.

Do the community wish that the MH's needed to have less proof to close a cheater? Or does the community think that the proofs have to be crystal clear?

Me personally as multihunter know and do not want to feel threatned or forced by the community to make a decision. The rules of the game needs to be clear. Unfortunally, sometimes we come into situations where our decisions have to be made up due to gamechanges. Like with the ship salvage debacle. Or with other new "tactics" that people invent to either make the game more fun for themselves, often at the cost of others having a much less favourable gaming experience, which I personally think its sad.

You as a community have to understand that sometimes there are situations that are completely new to us, and that we have to process and digest and see a few situations before we can be 100% confident that we are making the right choice.

I have personally apologised to one person in this game due to a situation like that, and this person later thanked me for explaining my decsion to him,(since the case involved him) although maybe not agreeing with my decision.

I really hope and wish that the community could instead of all this negative 1 or 2 person focus on people in the MH team, could maybe try to be a bit more understanding towards that multihunters cant please everyone, and even though it might seem obvious to YOU that XX:xx:x is cheating, the burden of proof on us multihunters might not always add up to what you think is the best solution.

I will also like to mention that more or less 70% (I dont have these stats with me as I am away on holliday vacation, ) of all cases reported to me, has a logical solution that does not involve cheating, and therefor, even though we dont take action with a planet you report, we will investigate them.

I wish all of PAs players a merry christmas.