View Single Post
Unread 2 Jul 2007, 19:10   #50
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A moral question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda-II
The majority of people support the payment of salary to governmental employees, even those who contribute almost nothing to the well being of anyone
I suppose it varies from country to country, but the only government employees I'm aware that enjoy consistently high levels of public support are things like nurses, firemen, teachers, etc. The only "wasteful" government employees which probably have broad support are the armed forces, and that depends highly on the state of foriegn policy (and there are plenty of scenarios where the armed forces aren't wasteful)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I would assume that saving their life would mean that they'd have a worthwhile existence following it.

A second question, however, would be how long must they live afterwards for that £1 to be worth it?
Well, in that case, I'd say £1 per month per individual seems fair enough, in this imaginary and rather unlikely scenario. I guess if I lived like a pauper and just paid rent and other essentials that'd be 100 years of life per month I could "save" which seems fair enough. If you didn't have restrictions on self-publicity then I'd imagine sponsorship would raise a fair amount of cash too.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote