View Single Post
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 10:18   #369
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Christ, people don't have anything against Spain per say dude, it's just that on paper they are the best team in the tournament with a array of exceptionally gifted players all across the field. In Euro 2008 they delivered some of the most breathtaking football seen in a long time, so obviously people are a bit dissapointed that they did not, in their(and mine) opinion, live up to this in this World Cup where they have really struggled with creating chances and overall been a fairly boring team to watch.

I honestly think that Spain playing with two defensive midfielders is holding them back quite a bit offensively, but I'm guessing(and he might be very right in this although I'm not so sure) Del Bosque feels that they will be too open defensively if they just use Busquets or Alonso.

Bottom line: People don't dislike Spain, they are just dissapointed that they haven't lived up to the enormous potential that they inhibit.