View Single Post
Unread 25 May 2006, 05:05   #37
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Grammar/spelling: what really annoys you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
but if someone used the phrase "these data" in my presence i would definitely kick them in the face twice (the plural), so i'm not sure what she was suggesting. hence my post.
The data?

As an aside, i think i am one of the people that must really annoy alot of people in this thread. Such as my frequent use of 'alot' instead of 'a lot'. I also seem to do many of the other misspellings, but ah well :\

Americanisations (lol yahwe) really irk me too. Center, Mom, decentralization - but in particular color really stands out for me. For some reason, i read it as "Koe Lore" as opposed to colour which is more like Kulla. Yes, whinge at my accent .

There are other things that irk me too, though i tend to notice them more in speech - namely "youse" generates an autocorrect from me; "you". :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote