View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2013, 01:22   #1
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Powerabuse by a former HC

The situation:
Kargool, a former leader of TGV and now MH, decided TGV's kicking of members in the last days of the round was a front to the TGV name and to retake control over all of TGV's assets, including our tagname and all alliance IRC channels. He aggressively approached us in our public channel, and when the current HC's (Rexdrax, Clouds and myself) explained why we did what we did(some of us in an equally agressive manner), to which Kargool responded by taking away our access from our public channel.

Kargool still had lvl498 access to our public channel as he was one of the ppl that re-founded TGV in r41, and with him joining MH Team he had to leave the alliance in the hands of others. There never was a reason to strip his access away, so it remained there until PT1177 of this round. Being faced with having our access stripped we set out trying to find out if there was any action Rexdrax and myself (as alliance reps) could take to restore our access to #tgv. We found out that there was a procedure in place that protected alliance assets, and made sure it allways remained in the hands of _CURRENT_ HC's. Rexdrax then triggered that procedure and restored access for all current HC's, and decreased Kargools level to ensure he couldn't redo the damage he did earlier. No other access levels to any channels were altered.

To ensure we remained in control over our alliance nick we changed the access to it to review the current situation and standing procedure, and changed the secret question.

As of 21:00 GMT last night we found all our access to TGV channels and the alliance nick taken away again. Neither Rexdrax or myself have been informed of this decision by anyone in cservice, or any of the related teams that are in place to protect reserved alliance names and nicks. All this while standing procedure dictates that all alliance assets are owned by _CURRENT_ HC's through their alliance representatives. And that in the event of an issue all parties involved would be heard.

Another great example of failure at the top of the chain.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN

Last edited by Influence; 22 May 2013 at 11:40.
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote