View Single Post
Unread 1 Sep 2011, 16:42   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Enslavement - On the fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
My money is on (but not actually in reality) is on the dollar to go to shit.
Why isn't your money actually in reality on it then if you're so certain?
Honestly - if you had made this prediction in the early 2000s, it'd carry some value. Post financial crisis, it's not all that impressive.

Quote:
What if there was a prison where the inmates were not aware that they are captive but also taking the role of Prison guard by conformity of the other inmates who have the desire to escape by questioning the status quo... without even realising it?
The problem really isn't the monetary system. I've tried to argue this, but obviously we're just running circles, because we're unable to discuss anything else but the monetary system - and even it, we're discussing in an extremely limited scope.

Quote:
All I am saying go back on history with an open mind and ask "who benefits?"
I'll answer you: the rich and the powerful.
The rich and the powerful have benefited from the poor and the weak throughout the history of humanity, and a brief 40 year spell of 'modern monetary system' post Bretton Woods doesn't make an exception. In fact, the era of the modern monetary system is one of the first incidents of when things have actually been, for a brief while, less dramatic - during the mid 20th century or so. Correlation, causality? Probably first, unlikely second - in either of the cases. After having a cigarette, I'll take that back. In fact, during that era, it was the rich and powerful benefiting from poor and weak as it's always been.

Let me rephrase: was the 'prison' slaves were in during the mid 1000s made by the monetary system? Or the prison non-native Athens were in the 'golden era of Greece'?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote