View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2011, 15:44   #29
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: World Enslavement - On the fly.

Quote:
Honestly, what else are these youtube videos but preaching something that has nothing to do with 'a sound scientific study'? The first signal of it not really being sound scientific study is that the author's doing a lot to retain anonymity. Probably because the banking elite would assassinate him should they find it out.
Well that's the point of discussing them is it not? It's economics, this isn't a science. No-one is right or wrong (presuming we don't make absurd claims ) Of course I don't need to tell you this, it seems as though you've spent considerable time studying it.

I didn't mean to say what you were saying was any less valid than these youtube videos, simply that I am very much a skeptic so I will take everything with a pinch of salt. To me an article claiming to be written by a PhD is no more valid than a youtube video. It depends on the content and sourcing. Not to mention the fact that I've never been impressed by people claims of higher education when books and daily study can easily achieve the same level of knowledge (but that's just me I guess).

Quote:
Why don't people simply settle it out before taking a massive loan for a house? You could try teach it in schools, but, probably, most people still wouldn't care.
Agreed but this is the problem. Why do people not care? If they were brought up to care they would - therefore teaching monetary theory in school could make people care. (As a child you are open to far more concepts, hence why most children are religious until they learn to think for themselves -some never do though heh). The way I see it we are alsmost taught not to care, it's never brought up in education, and when you leave school for university/college you're pretty much forced into student loans, continuing the debt trend into the next generation. Your thoughts on this?

In regards to the author selling his DVDs, it's debatable what view to take on that. He releases his videos free on the most popular network for getting videos out there so that's understandable, being on youtube doesn't make it any less valid. Neither does selling it, to make a living.
It does however raise some concern.

So from an economists point of view what are your thoughts on the alternative systems suggested?.. and do you know of any better ideas or concepts as I can't see how anyone would defend the current system as the best choice (other than maybe to say it's too late to change to anything else).

Last edited by Zeyi; 31 Aug 2011 at 15:56.
Zeyi is offline   Reply With Quote