View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2011, 12:45   #23
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: World Enslavement - On the fly.

I don't want to create any _more_ hostility but retorts like this;

Quote:
If these aren't in 'layman enough' terms for you then it's perhaps best if you do not even try participate in a discussion on the subject. I don't try build boats or nuclear reactors either.
Come off as incredibly condescending, especially when it's laughable you preach economics with sources like it means anything compared to a sound scientific study. I'm immensely glad you'll never try to build nuclear reactors either.

Since you tried to fend off anyone who isn't well read up on the subject from discussing it I can see you are very much trapped by this whole idea. I reiterate a question mentioned in one of the videos "Why isn't monetary theory taught in schools or colleges?" Like them, you seem to be protecting it from anyone you can - despite the fact it's actually quite straightforward to understand. (..and since money effects all of us, it seems to me like a subject we should be well educated on..)

Mz, that comic would be appropriate if there wasn't the underlying irony of him praying to God

I mean really, I hate how "conspiracy" get's thrown around as a word and society has programmed us to assume people who speak of these things are crazy (whilst religion still reigns supreme.. what!?.. different debate I guess).

Quote:
you're just going to end up looking like an elitist prick
Funny because that's not true of this thread at all is it. Quite the opposite.

I also agree with what you say about most of it being in the open but believe that this is the case for everything is surely a naive approach? Have we already forgotten wikileaks?

EDIT: I'm not trying to defend belief in conspiracy theories, I dismiss the vast majority of them as any sane person would. It doesn't need to be organised by a bunch of shady bankers in a room somewhere, just requires greedy men to take advantage of uneducated people and a century or two later, here we are!

If I could pose a question with slightly more forward looking direction though - is this situation at all rectifiable? - by this I mean throughout history governments and civilizations have drastically changed. There is an overwhelming arrogance of democratic perfection these days, but democracy as it is really hasn't succeeded - mainly because of the underlying problems of greed and corruption. It would surely be wrong too assume more changes aren't to come. I just fear they would be for the worst.

Last edited by Zeyi; 31 Aug 2011 at 13:09.
Zeyi is offline   Reply With Quote