View Single Post
Unread 16 Jul 2014, 12:16   #2
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R58 Papadoc Stats discussion

I have to admit that I liked the look of this too. I note that Etd are the only race with three pod fleets but their fi and cr seem like afterthoughts. It is difficult to see who they could land either of these on, or why any etd players would go for either when the fr fleet is much better. Though I will admit this depends a lot of the effectiveness and armour.

The fi having the steal ship as the one that targets co while the emp targets de seems to imply their main projected target is terran de forts, HAH! At the same time they will be easy to stop by ally def because every co that targets them with the exception of zik's thief shoots before etd's Arrowhead.

The Cr has similar problems. The Guardian being steal means it is again fired upon first by everything but Zik's Brig. The Grasshopper meanwhile is shot first by Xan's anti cr ship the lancer - surely an unusual state of affairs! I will admit the grasshopper is good against its Bs targets but ally def would be pretty easy again. This leads me to wonder if the Baliff is not a mistake and not meant to be a pod at all but a SK (since otherwise etd dont seem to have one) - but then etd's sk would not be in the same metaclass as a roiding fleet something that is unusual (not seen stats apart from this round since r39 so this might have changed!).

Edit: perhaps that is too specific a comment too soon.
The general: I like these stats quite a lot. Having nobody able to build just three ships or all in one class helps prevent complaints that teamups are needed or that it would be overly defensive. As mentioned in the previous thread I like there being only two pod classes; covering xan fakes with three is a dc's nightmare! And finally I like the independence of each class within the metaclasses making fi/co fr/de and cr/bs teams less likely as both largely fight independently. This is usually done a bit but often not quite so much as here.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 16 Jul 2014 at 12:55.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote