View Single Post
Unread 11 May 2015, 21:03   #71
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: booji stats proposals

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
i proposed 2 suggestions but only 1 of those would be an easy fix...
2) move FR attackfleet to TER and DE attackfleet to XAN
Oi oi! Looking at my log it was me who raised it first, I just thought it would cause too much chaos to make it not worth doing. Anyhow that is somewhat beside the point. Looking at it again I think it helps solve some other people’s problems with the stats at the same time so I will sketch out what it would look like and see what everyone thinks.

The proposed changes:
Xan:
Ghost moves to de T1 fr init 6 (same as Drake was)
Bomber as de added T1 cr init 7 (same as the Centaur was)
Bolt thrower added T1 de T2 fi init 7
Ter:
Pegasus becomes T1 co T2 fi (same as Bolt Thrower was) init 4 (thought should be ahead of xan fi having removed the other fr ship that was firing the same time and it being T2 on fi)
Chimera becomes T1 cr T2 de init 7 (same as ghost was)
Drake init up to 8
Centaur to be deleted
At the same time without the concerns about ter de not having enough targeting I propose changing bs:
Wyvern becomes T1 bs, drops T2.
Etd:
As a knock on of this:
Guardian becomes bs, not certain about the targeting – probably T1 cr, T2 bs.
Broker becomes a steal ship.
Possibly Tycoon gets a T2 on de (or possibly only targets de), possibly made same init as xan de – undecided on that.
Cat:
As a consequence of the loss of the bolt thrower equal init with fi:
Move roach to co (renamed beetle)
Edit: If anyone finds it easier to visualise on a spreadsheet then these changes are on my original spreadsheet in a 2nd tab 'fr de swap' https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing all the question marks are possible changes around that suggested de target on the Tycoon which requires some initiative reshuffling.

So what would be the benefits of this set of changes as a whole?
1, Xan can’t just build attack fleet in the same way. Terran potentially can but this is rather less scary!
2, The targeting on xan fi becomes very standard (with the peg+emp ships prefiring), hopefully alleviating concerns.
3, Ter becomes a more defensive race, which is as it really should be.
4, There should be less concern about 0 loss ships; there are only two left (BW and Vip) and as cat cr targets both de and bs I will make it so that the 0 loss ships have less good emp eff.
5, I get my one tick bs back. With the Guardian as a possible emp partner (after broker steals) the Wyvern can become a normal ship so able to stop solo ter bs on its own.
6, Tia should be happy; with the Marauder prefiring xan de zik cr can now roid all xan fleets rather than just a ter de fleet that is likely to have some bs that prefire zik too.
7, Makes the number of ships much more even (I have no idea why anyone thinks uneven ship numbers is a problem but I have had a couple of complaints about it on IRC!)

And the disadvantages (bound to be some)?
1, Etd fr will when solo have lots of trouble against 0 def fleets (is there fi in with that de def fleet?!) The only thing I can see to do here is to have the ranger’s eff very high – but since I have been making emp eff high against xan compared to other races this should not be too much of a problem.
2, Ter bs when it gets a etd partner will be very powerful (as might xan/cat de hence the suggested Tyc change).

Does anyone have any views on this; is it a good idea? Am I missing downsides for it? What init would you have the guardian at compared to BW and Tarantula? What about those changes I have as ‘possible’, would you make them?

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 12 May 2015 at 10:33.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote