View Single Post
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 06:45   #7
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Why changing salvage sucked ass and please change it back next round

This is less a discussion about game mechanics not being tested properly and more a discussion about how the game should be played.

At the moment if I have a big fleet and I storm into a planet and they get defence, then I know that at least I'll take some of them with me (and they'll receive significant losses). This is how it should be; the idea that they can rebuild within a few ticks while I've lost my entire fleet due to poor calculations is just a tad unfair.

Now the idea that defence loses a SIGNIFICANT proportion of their fleet just because the attacking fleets have been so large and have blunderbussed their way through - that isn't right. I'd predict people launching gigantic fleets just to scare off any defence in future. It's what I'd be doing, anyway!

In the earlier rounds, salvage was a small perk to help you rebuild. It wasn't a game mechanic designed for you to replace your ships wholly from those you lost.

In summary - fix the salvage to a slightly higher value. Don't return to the salvage values of last round though.