View Single Post
Unread 30 Jul 2009, 10:26   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Substract XP for hitting smaller targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Which is why people like mz and me advocated for the original balancing of the value capping, and not for the softened up version that was then instantiated.
It's a little offtopic, but since we're all trying to achieve the same here (less newbie bashing), I figure it's worth mentioning: I am 9:1:8. I am in a galaxy ranked 84th. Of my 13 galmates, I have seen exactly 1 on IRC since I exiled in, at tick 120 (namely, Heartless), despite the improved Com Unit. I have never had more than 150 roids.

I have had 19 incomings this round. I haven't kept track, but I am pretty sure at least 15 of those incomings came from planets between 3 and 6 times my value, usually at the higher end of the spectrum. The same is true for the rest of my galaxy. That shit is flat out ridiculous.

It's anectotal evidence, I know, but it does tell me that Heartless is probably right; if people will hit tiny targets, even if they only get 10-15 roids, then the capping formula is too soft.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote