View Single Post
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 16:17   #14
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Jumping through hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
b) Access to #alliances is a terrible criteria for support.
Whilst I hate systems myself, you were very much trying to 'adapt' the system purely to get a channel for your alliance bot, which is certainly not what it's setup for, without being an alliance rep, which is what it's setup for.
I don't think that a 'bad' standard of support (i.e. not getting what you want) when asking for support for to mis-use the alliance channel system whilst not actually playing in an alliance (let alone being an alliance rep) in what's generally discussed in alliance rep channels is a terrible failing, to be honest! Ace did talk to CService, who were not willing to waive the agreement that alliances have to have the same name as their alliance nickname (which you already have registered to yourself), and we weren't willing to rename your alliance this round, which you admitted you were generally against.

Quote:
c) Access to #alliances is way too limited anyway. I've held before that it should at the very least be a public viewable, but moderated channel where alliance reps were voiced. This should be a minimum.
The alliance channel isn't always that active. You make it sound like some sort of constant forum of discussion and activity! Do you not trust alliance representatives to represent their alliances?

Quote:
d) The inane bureaucracy has to go. Having rules is fine, but having rules for the sake of having rules is stupid.
I know this is a general point. When we don't stick to the rules we create though, several people (including yourself!) complain that our rules are inconsistently applied and that we need to not make exceptions to them. I'm sure you'd be willing to name these rules we have for the sake of having them

In this instance there were several parties involved (alliances, via their reps, Planetarion representatives, and CService) with there being pre-agreed rules in place. The only rule I can see you having an objection to is 'Alliances must have the same name as the channel they register', which CService require us to have and refused to waive.

As has been mentioned earlier, explaining to members of CService the requirements and reasons behind registering another channel may have been more productive and potentially more suitable.