View Single Post
Unread 17 Nov 2009, 22:56   #208
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Interesting change in politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
I'm curious why you choose to call this negative?
I didn't mean it in a bad way.

The classic idea of politics is that you positively go out to make agreements to win you the round from the get go, setting up blocks and such like.

Negative politics is pretty much the opposite of this. Essentially you do very little beyond the odd co op, control your targeting so one of the type of allies I identified doesn't ever have a reason to be upset and the allies pretty much come to you when you need them.

Some might accuse this of being a bit like fence sitting, but I think it's far from that. It's a pragmatic strategy that allows you to focus on your real opponents for the round win and achieve success in the long term. Ultimately it puts you in a position to win, where you are confident that your alliance can smash through the opposition in a prolonged battle. Ascendancy's big advantage has been that because they are better than everybody, they have a much larger margin for error.