View Single Post
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 10:52   #13
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: New Portal & Skins

What the new Portal is Missing:

*Either a nice Background, showing some galaxys and planets (something to look at and think "cool") or a REAL spaceship and not some stolen gfx from Tractor-Simulator
*updated downtime procedure
*updated dates (who cares about r30 anymore???)
*updated staff page
*in games there should be a HAVOC behind r30 and
speedgame is missing when it started, when it will end, and when the next start is
*both status pages need to be updated aswell, and while your at it rethink if the speedgame should allow alliances with 100 members...if you want more ppl playing speed make it a competetive game pls
*links should be coloured red and not blue, to match the logo, besides red will look way better
*Latest News: why show everyone new that the signups have been delayed?, there is a post about when they start, that should be enough imo (at least on the portal main page)
*What is Planetarion? - still a wall of text hitting you... it needs less text and some added screenshots instead - no one can imagine anything about PA atm, until he played it
*Templates - why we get to choose Templates ? For a Portal ? i mean they all look messy anyhow, remove it
*Top Frame - make Forums and Manual open in a new window pls, so a visitor has an easy way to get back to the portal
*Top Frame - if your not going to flashcode the new portal (why???) at least implement some gfx effects for those links in the top, like mouse hovering and maybe a beep here and there - blow some life into things
*Who´s online - i dont understand this section on a portal tbh, for what we need it ? remove it or replace it showing how many planets online on each server (r31, r30, speed), i dont think anyone cares about how many players are viewing the portal

other then that i think its a step into the right direction, though i can only hope, that the Portal as it is isnt meant to be like that the next 2 years and that the needed changes are done immediately

my 5 cents

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote