Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vice-o-meter! (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193561)

pyirt 16 Jan 2007 20:50

Vice-o-meter!

Ok, this one "mainly" applies to UK ppls; concerning money matters and tax. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/consume...3&in_page_id=5.
I refer to the section on the left about 3/4 way down entitled "Calculators". I quite like section 5 "Vice-o-meter". My annual vice bill is £5537.17 per year, of which the government gets a wopping £2106.64!! There`s a breakdown afterwards; excluding illegal/blackmarket stuff (The tax man does n`t get to see these for obvious reasons). What`s your "vice-o-meter" readings out of interest? I think mine are rather bad.

Tomkat 16 Jan 2007 21:01

Re: Vice-o-meter!

http://img.thisismoney.co.uk/calcula...iceometer.html

You mean?

£1337.5 is my vice bill. But it doesn't take into account spirits bought when I'm out.

I don't smoke. I guess I drink around 10 pints a week at the most. I honestly have no idea how many bottles of spirits I buy a year. I put 3, as that's how much I buy for home consumption (roughly).

Yahwe 16 Jan 2007 21:02

based upon consumption in the month of january 07 and extrapolating that accross the year my vice bill is £0.

Mistwraith 16 Jan 2007 21:29

£1951.44 vice bill .. and its practically all cigarettes ..

SYMM 16 Jan 2007 22:08

No drinking or smoking for me either, aren't I good? :)

_Kila_ 16 Jan 2007 23:07

I only put beer in and it says I'm spending £300 on beer a year, that's worrying.

All Systems Go 16 Jan 2007 23:10

that's less than £6 a week.

_Kila_ 16 Jan 2007 23:56

I'm 16

.Disc. 17 Jan 2007 00:48

I spend roughly £15 a week on cigs, and being a uni student, about £40 a week on beer, maybe more if its a good week.

15x52 = £780
40x52= £2080

£2860 total, with both of these being high tax products, thats quite alot of cash im giving to the government, would be nice to get something back, aka not leaving uni with uncontrollable debts, it almost makes uni pointless, yes u come out with a better job, but that extra cash ur making goes towards paying ur loan back, so id say up until ur 35/40 ur probs no better off than the average postman(not that they are bad ppl)

Dead_Meat 17 Jan 2007 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
based upon consumption in the month of january 07 and extrapolating that accross the year my vice bill is £0.

Calculate it for December and tell us how angelic you are then. Mu guess is you were as vice-ridden as a $10 ho with a pink fedora wearing, fur-lined car driving, pimp-o-matic wide-lapelled bitchin LA pimp YO !

Demon Dave 17 Jan 2007 02:38

I put 5 pints a week at £2.40, but that's only an extremely rough estimate as I rarely drink unless I'm out, and I don't go out every week. As such my vice bill of £624 pa is probably a generous over-estimate

Yahwe 17 Jan 2007 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Calculate it for December and tell us how angelic you are then. Mu guess is you were as vice-ridden as a $10 ho with a pink fedora wearing, fur-lined car driving, pimp-o-matic wide-lapelled bitchin LA pimp YO !

unfortunately due to staff changes and relocation ministry records do not extend that far back this combined with the flood of 76 has meant performance figures have to be extrapolated on currently available data.

But I assure the House that the figures as stated are representitive of the excellent work being undertaken.

Mistwraith 17 Jan 2007 08:40

I based mine on purely uk sales...

I go over the water a couple of times a year and come back with a few cartons :-)

+ illegal (cough) imports when available so u could probably take £500 off mine per year, i barely drink alcohol and if i'm going to need some for christmas i will have a nice chat with anyone taking the france/holland trip by ferry.

Deepflow 17 Jan 2007 10:57

942 pounds, im such a square :)

-Blue Moon- 17 Jan 2007 11:39

£328 with £108.55 in tax, i think I win 'most boring person ever' award.

[12 Monkeys rant]...I guess I'm a bad citizen for being such a poor consumer... [/12 Monkeys rant]

Tomkat 17 Jan 2007 12:38

Quote:

But I assure the House that the figures as stated are representitive of the excellent work being undertaken.

I know you told me I was a smarmy git for wishing you well on another thread, but I'm actually quite impressed you've lasted almost 3 weeks so far cold-turkeying on two luxuries at the same time.

Are you just going to do it for as long as you can? Or is there a date at which you're allowing yourself to drink/smoke again?

Dante Hicks 17 Jan 2007 13:12

Mine's probably about £260 a year, of which the government get's £181. Pretty puritanical.

pig 17 Jan 2007 13:52

Where's the fast food option?

furball 17 Jan 2007 13:57

£968, of which the Government takes £343. It all goes on alcohol bought in pubs as opposed to alcohol bought for home consumption.

JonnyBGood 17 Jan 2007 14:02

I broke it :(((

furball 17 Jan 2007 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I broke it :(((

As soon as I saw that you'd posted, I knew that you would say that you broke it. Come on, you didn't even make a Guinness joke. Where's the effort?

plz try harder kthxbye

JonnyBGood 17 Jan 2007 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
As soon as I saw that you'd posted, I knew that you would say that you broke it. Come on, you didn't even make a Guinness joke. Where's the effort?

plz try harder kthxbye

My tax is different though so I didn't even know where to begin!

Appocomaster 17 Jan 2007 15:56

Quote:

Mine is the same, for about the last 21 years though. I bought a girl a drink once, but that was because I knocked hers over :(

Mistwraith 17 Jan 2007 16:07

Quote:

Mine is the same, for about the last 21 years though. I bought a girl a drink once, but that was because I knocked hers over .
You've never bought anyone alcohol as a present ?

Champagne for an 18th birthday or birth of a brat ?

A beer for a mate ?

A bottle of brandy or scotch for an older relative ?

Your mum/aunt/female relative a glass of wine ?

i find this a bit hard to believe.

Appocomaster 17 Jan 2007 16:08

ooh. ok, I tell a lie. I got dad some wine + port once. maybe I got other alcohol before, but I don't usually use alcohol as a present

furball 17 Jan 2007 16:18

Back to the more important issue: why have you chosen to be tee-total?

Marv 17 Jan 2007 16:24

£2802 a year.

All booze.

Yahwe 17 Jan 2007 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Mine is the same, for about the last 21 years though. I bought a girl a drink once, but that was because I knocked hers over :(

I bet you think this makes us friends.

It doesn't.

**** off nerd.

Tomkat 17 Jan 2007 20:40

I'm best buddies with Yahwe :) :) :)

Appocomaster 17 Jan 2007 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
Back to the more important issue: why have you chosen to be tee-total?

because every single alcohol I've tried tastes awful. Especially beer.

Quote:

I bet you think this makes us friends.

It doesn't.

**** off nerd.

No. It doesn't make us friends.
Before you neg rep me for being homophobic (because that never happens usually :rolleyes: ) it's actually because I'd never dream of being friends with someone who obviously hates me so passionately :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn
"i want a pc so i can play gamezz, NOT A LAPTOP, i can't play my gamez on a laptop"

What?
that's pretty random.
was it directed at me being a nerd?

Yahwe 17 Jan 2007 20:43

Quote:

No. It doesn't make us friends.
Before you neg rep me for being homophobic (because that never happens usually :rolleyes: ) it's actually because I'd never dream of being friends with someone who obviously hates me so passionately :(

What?
that's pretty random.
was it directed at me being a nerd?

aren't there episodes of star trek you should be watching?

Appocomaster 17 Jan 2007 20:44

I haven't watched any star trek, babylon 5, deep space 9, or anything else you care to mention (well, probably) in so many years...
about the only sci fi thing I like to any degree is red dwarf.

JonnyBGood 17 Jan 2007 20:44

Quote:

aren't there episodes of star trek you should be watching?

Better a nerd than a queer rnt i rite

Hebdomad 17 Jan 2007 20:55

Mine's about 500 pounds. So glad I don't smoke :)

Alki 17 Jan 2007 21:09

i totalled about £2k from cigs and alcohol to the government, quite suprising actually since my consumption is quite alot these days, usually out 3-4 times a week, and smoking at least 20 cigs a day. Would be interesting to see what it would total in London though.

Tomkat 17 Jan 2007 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki
i totalled about £2k from cigs and alcohol to the government, quite suprising actually since my consumption is quite alot these days, usually out 3-4 times a week, and smoking at least 20 cigs a day. Would be interesting to see what it would total in London though.

Yahwe lives pretty much smack-bang in the centre of london and he spends nothing!

Let's extrapolate some more!

JonnyBGood 17 Jan 2007 21:22

About 5000 euro on alcohol. I think that's around 3500 pounds.

Alki 17 Jan 2007 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
Yahwe lives pretty much smack-bang in the centre of london and he spends nothing!

Let's extrapolate some more!

i meant on current consumption, but you already knew that, didn't you

Cannon_Fodder 17 Jan 2007 21:24

£76448055

Okay so its actually £1050 all booze.

Tomkat 17 Jan 2007 21:33

Quote:

About 5000 euro on alcohol. I think that's around 3500 pounds.

That's £67 a week. If I was back living in London, I doubt I'd be far off that (including pints bought in the week, a bottle of gin every fortnight or so, etc).

Incidentally, did you know it's "better" for your liver to spread those drinks equally over each day of the week than to binge it all on one or two nights at the weekend?! This is :science:, guys!

JonnyBGood 17 Jan 2007 21:38

I do that anyways.

Tomkat 17 Jan 2007 22:17

Quote:

I do that anyways.

You can't hear him, but your liver is thanking you!

Appocomaster 17 Jan 2007 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
You can't hear him, but your liver is thanking you!

it's actually on a life support machine slobbering on his pancreas

furball 18 Jan 2007 01:41

Quote:

What exactly have you tried?

I don't like bitter or lager, although I do like cider. Vodka really is the solution, if you have a weak vodka & coke you can't taste the vodka. Obviously use decent vodka, not the rough stuff - and report back in 24 hours.

pig 18 Jan 2007 02:08

My best friend doesn't drink. He just chooses not too.

I respect that, and I respect people who choose not to drink.

What I know is that people who dont drink can have just as much fun as those who can't and in fact non drinkers can sometimes be more social all time not just when they have downed a pint of dutch courage.

I dont think we should look at appoco like a weirdo, it's a choice and it certainly is a respectable choice.

dda 18 Jan 2007 02:10

Quote:

Your project is still going well then?

Knight Theamion 18 Jan 2007 02:11

real men make their own liquor.

Tomkat 18 Jan 2007 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig
My best friend doesn't drink. He just chooses not too.

I respect that, and I respect people who choose not to drink.

I don't! People who don't drink are inferior!

All Systems Go 18 Jan 2007 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
real men make their own liquor.

Is this way of telling us you drink your own semen?

Yahwe 18 Jan 2007 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by dda
Your project is still going well then?

It is indeed and with absolutely no negative effect on my mood.