Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Thanks from FAnG to..... (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=177542)

LB|away 20 May 2004 00:48

Thanks from FAnG to.....

Hello all,

Hereby I like to thank everyone for this round of PA.
I wanna thank my members for their stunning online times and good overall activity,
this also goes for the FAnG Officers very well done, it is a pleasure for me to play for you all!

Also I like to thank the other alliances in the universe, the friendly one MISTU, it was a pleasure to play along side with you people. you showed us what real allies are this round. And the hostile ones, All of you did very well. Sad thing that alliance politics were slightly messed up this round.

I hope to see everyone of you next round again.

Regards,

LB|away
FAnG HC

alch 20 May 2004 00:53

Re: Thanks from FAnG to.....

Thanks to the community.
Let get this game alive again!

AndroX 20 May 2004 00:54

count me in LB. Even if its against or with you. Count me in :)

Kjeldoran 20 May 2004 00:57

Nice post LB. You practially said everything I wanted to say aswell .Special thanks to the members, without them we'd be nothing. We managed to have the #1 rank from tick 1 till the last tick non stop.

Thanks aswell to mistu and partly to Phraktos aswell. it was an honour to work with you, MISTU.

Thanks to our enemies aswell, like ND, Vision, WP, Valhalla ... (even Ely). I hope we'll see you next round on the battlefield, alongside with new alliances like 1UP.

FAnG is looking forward to meet you all next round
Untill then,

rgds Kj

Leshy 20 May 2004 00:59

It's been great playing both with FAnG and yourself, LB|away.

Tomkat 20 May 2004 01:20

nps

AzureWrath 20 May 2004 01:29

bring on Round 11!

Sjor 20 May 2004 07:34

was again a honour playing for FAnG
even if i managed to lose my top 15 position in 3 days
im still a n00b :D

ty all specially Irvine Superfly Youredoomed and Deb

Rumad 20 May 2004 08:24

LB good post

I just want to say my thanks to FAnG players for completing another round of pa. You all know the problems that FAnG had last round. However LB and Alch and Irv never gave up.

I want to thank the three of them for breathing new life into FAnG against all the odds. I rejoined early on to help out and I think although I have been inactive, I have done my part to help stay stable. Later in the round Heartless was also promted and between LB/Irv and HEartless the alliance has run along at a fair old pace.

I wont be HC next round, as my gf is now 3 months pregnant I want to do more to help her, I may still play but a lot depends on whether I am needed or not. Compared to last round FAnG is 100 times stronger going into round 11 and its all due to the hard work perseverence and love given to it by the members, hc and officers.

I hope you all realise what you have attained this round which differs you from most rounds FAnG play in. No big dramas, no big deletions just a group of friends who have come together and performed well.

It was unfortunate regarding the gameplay, but ties were set early on and by the time that it was realised how top heavy we were it was too late. We have learned a lot this round about setting our allies and making irreversable decisions. We would have loved to have broken away, but conditions mean it was impossible (lets not debate this anymore as this was our perception).

I want to thank the alliances tha fought bravely against us and the odds, that never gave up and continued the quest for roids and mayhem. The most notable of this was VisioN and ND who have proven themselves to not only be a good ally for its members, but commited to the cause it sets itself.

Also a very special thanks to MISTU who have proven themselves to not only be a honourabl and friendly ally, but also one of the top alliances in PA as we currently knwo it. James you deserve all the luck in the world and I hope you and MISTU do well in round 11 and with whatever you do in the future. Thanks for your assistance and friendship :)

Next round will bring with it many new alliances and a departure of an old friend in Elysium, lets hope the HC's can agree different politics and limit there own allied positions to ensure a fair and balanced round which players can enjoy and not the stagnation we have seen this round.

Finally my personal thanks to AD posters for all the posts you have made - for me its a relief from my work day and gives me someting to break away from my normally stressful job. I will still post even thoug I have little intention to play.

I intend to stay FAnG with all my friends though - I still wubble you guys :)

Rumad signing out to become dissident extremist again :D

RealJames 20 May 2004 08:50

Well, this thread is the perfect opportunity to thank those that I embarrassingly forgot to thank last night in my inpromtu speech in the winners' ceremony.

Thanks to FAnG for an excellent first round. Personally, thanks from me to Kj for having faith in MISTU from the start. Thanks to FAnG HC for sharing experience and strategies with us and in turn respecting and valuing our own. Thanks to Irvine and Heartless and all the military staff who I argued with over attack strategies night after night. Thanks to LB for being a sport with his hostmask. I could go on.

Well done FAnG, it's about time you won a round.

fuz 20 May 2004 09:38

what a great thread, maybe it could be on fang's priv forum? :rolleyes:

Rumad 20 May 2004 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuz
what a great thread, maybe it could be on fang's priv forum? :rolleyes:

Well what a good place to put it - I WIL MAKE SURE ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THANKED ARE GIVEN ACCESS

:rolleyes:

Zh|l 20 May 2004 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealJames

Well done FAnG, it's about time you won a round.

This comment amused me more than anything else.

Congratulations FAnG on your 'victory'. There was nothing else you really could have done.

My commiserations however to Mistu for obvious reasons.

Rumad 20 May 2004 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zh|l
This comment amused me more than anything else.

Congratulations FAnG on your 'victory'. There was nothing else you really could have done.

My commiserations however to Mistu for obvious reasons.

Now now zhilleh

Its a nice thread and try and kep it that way.

While i am thanking pl I should thank you and maz for all your wishy washy threads this round. You have definitely been the meisters of anti-FAnG sentiment threads this round ;)

Good luck with 1up for both of you :)

mazzelaar 20 May 2004 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumad
Now now zhilleh

While i am thanking pl I should thank you and maz for all your wishy washy threads this round. You have definitely been the meisters of anti-FAnG sentiment threads this round ;)

wishy washy?

and I'm hardly anti FAnG - just anti piss boring crap dull round

Zh|l 20 May 2004 10:03

Quote:

Now now zhilleh

I'm sorry, if FAnG and Mistu want to bumfk eachother without any comments from outside people, you can go create your own pink and fluffy pure boards to do it on.

I congratulated FAnG because you did as expected (even if it was boring).

Rumad 20 May 2004 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazzelaar
wishy washy?

and I'm hardly anti FAnG - just anti piss boring crap dull round

yes wishy washy

and i am anti a bad round - just i am also anti-block-breakup-suiciding :)

anyway my wishy washy pal i am off to do some work

toodle pips :)

mazzelaar 20 May 2004 10:06

Quote:

yes wishy washy

and i am anti a bad round - just i am also anti-block-breakup-suiciding :)

anyway my wishy washy pal i am off to do some work

toodle pips :)

quantify/define wishy washy

and why do you think breaking blocks up would be suiciding?

Rumad 20 May 2004 10:07

Quote:

I'm sorry, if FAnG and Mistu want to bumfk eachother without any comments from outside people, you can go create your own pink and fluffy pure boards to do it on.

Actually only 2 paragraphs on my reply was relaed to fang an 1 to mistu - nt bad out of 11 paragraphs really :)

As fr cut fluffable threads - i jus think we se enough flaming on the majrity of threads ould be nice if we could have an end of round thea where that don't happen.

Anyway what do I care - i am officially retired again :)

/me sits back in his rocking chair

Rumad 20 May 2004 10:10

Quote:

quantify/define wishy washy

and why do you think breaking blocks up would be suiciding?

Nah can't be ase - i am gonna g and do sme work - i need to get a project finished so I ave no intention on getting into a debate about what i want for this thread, my views on block break ups or my definition of wishy washy... LOL

:)

LB|away 20 May 2004 10:12

Zhil
this thread is to thank everyone for this round. it isnt to tell us how 1337 we are and how good it is what we did. if you dont wanna thank the players of this round for whatever reason then dont reply.

Jackal2112 20 May 2004 10:14

PROUD TO BE FANG!!*#*@#&@&#@& (not)

Zh|l 20 May 2004 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB|away
Zhil
this thread is to thank everyone for this round. it isnt to tell us how 1337 we are and how good it is what we did. if you dont wanna thank the players of this round for whatever reason then dont reply.

Thank you FAnG for helping me unquit PA

LB|away 20 May 2004 10:17

Quote:

Thank you FAnG for helping me unquit PA

We try to do our best to get old people like you back :D

RealJames 20 May 2004 10:33

Quote:

I just made sure I got my thanks in before you started the flaming Zhil. You're so predictable.

mens 20 May 2004 10:58

Thanks for not letting me join, LB :)
and thanks for not killing me after I joined wp.
and thanks for not killing me when I didn't recall from one of your recruits (one of touri's farms) early game.

Cata, thanks alot for you know what :) you're so sexy.
you too Colt, very sexy.
And Rumad, mmmmmmm taste good.

Banned 20 May 2004 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealJames
I just made sure I got my thanks in before you started the flaming Zhil. You're so predictable.

Your post. Your sig. Irony.

Cooling 20 May 2004 11:19

I cant believe a pack of complete and utter muppets like Fang were allowed to win a round.

Thats a bloody crime, im with Zhil on this one, thanks for helping me unquit PA.

LEFF|pm 20 May 2004 11:20

Go FAnG!

RealJames 20 May 2004 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banned
Your post. Your sig. Irony.

More flaming. :rolleyes:

Rumad 20 May 2004 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooling
I cant believe a pack of complete and utter muppets like Fang were allowed to win a round.

Thats a bloody crime, im with Zhil on this one, thanks for helping me unquit PA.

Wow

the fact we won encouraged ex furyites to come out of retirement - ah well see some good did come out of it ;)

Its a shame useless trolling like this is still present on a thread t thank people for there participation - its not a we feel nice thread or a love us thread, its a "there are people that deserve thanking and lets appreciate what the round has brought us" thread.

All I can say is may god (or in zhils case sid) have mercy upon all yours souls - I pity you.

rnd|One 20 May 2004 11:56

Reading LB's and alch's commentary it sounds a lot like this:

" thanks to the community for bearing out with fang and its conspirators, whom in their great insight created probably the most stale round of PA for the majority of participants and exhibited how even fang can win a round when there's no opposition facing them "

Kjeldoran 20 May 2004 12:10

It are always the same that try to ruin, flame and troll threads where FAnG is involved with.

And thx Realjames, the feeling is mutual. :)

Cooling 20 May 2004 12:29

Sorry but your vapour brained cheerleading thread needed a dose of reality.

The fact that some insignificant tag along alliance can ass-kiss its way through to winning a round is utterly tragic.

It's not me you should be pitying, its the game.

Rumad 20 May 2004 12:43

Quote:

The fact that some insignificant tag along alliance can ass-kiss its way through to winning a round is utterly tragic.

The reality is FAnG won and they will b present round 11.

Fact is MISTU did do well.

Fact is that I wanted t thank other alliances who we played against (well the better ones), I wantedto announce I was no longer a hc of the alliance I love and that I hope that round 11 is better for you all than this round.

Not sure which part neeed our flaming really, but go ahead and enjoy yourself - I on't care enough to reply to you anymore ;)

and in time honoured tradition

VERY PROUD TO BE FAnG

Kjeldoran 20 May 2004 12:44

Quote:

too afraid posting with your real nick, hence making a fake troll account?

And funny, a tag along alliance ....

Rumad 20 May 2004 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran

i forget his nick, but I alwaysthought coling was a nice guy - its a shame what reality can do to some people.

LEFF|pm 20 May 2004 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnd|One
Reading LB's and alch's commentary it sounds a lot like this:

" thanks to the community for bearing out with fang and its conspirators, whom in their great insight created probably the most stale round of PA for the majority of participants and exhibited how even fang can win a round when there's no opposition facing them "

Funny thing that this "no opposition" won last round.
How do you think they achived this ? alone? no! ...by teaming up with eclipse and ToT.
None of those alliances would have won alone. Planetarion was always a game where politics were more important then your playing skillz.
And i think, its needless to say, FAnG always sucked in politics, we didnt pay much importance to manipulate AD or other alliances, to gather a lot of flak-alliances and roid them one by one or stuff like this.
We tried to find some allies every round and then loyally stayed with them until round ended.
In this way we are absolutly calculable.

We got punished often enough for this kind of behavior.
This round was ours.

nuff said

mazzelaar 20 May 2004 12:56

I suspect this thread actually has very little to do with thanking anyone but yourselves. You couldn't give a flying nadger about the other alliances, if you did you woulda done something about the nose bleedingly tedious round you put them through.

This is simply a thread to gloat.

Well done FAnG. You won but it was hardly an emphatic victory.

And before you start shouting. This isn't flaming this is a genuine point of view. If you don't like it then take your party onto some private boards :)

LB|away 20 May 2004 13:01

Quote:

I suspect this thread actually has very little to do with thanking anyone but yourselves. You couldn't give a flying nadger about the other alliances, if you did you woulda done something about the nose bleedingly tedious round you put them through.

And before you start shouting. This isn't flaming this is a genuine point of view. If you don't like it then take your party onto some private boards :)

I am not thanking myself at all. I am not very happy with the victory, I am not proud of it.
I exspected some of you people to know me better then that.
Seems you are all hypocrites and flaming is all you can. pity

mikay 20 May 2004 13:02

LB jeez, don't thank me just cos I didn't play.

Well done all the FAnGers, it's probably nice to have a round without major controversy and finish in the position you deserved the whole round. Anyway, I always said LB was 1 of the great PA players, now here's ya proof.

Kind of funny reading all the hypocracy from everyone else too. Guys remember the old "proud to be FAnG" motto - know what it means? It means when you're in FAnG it's about the fun, it's not life and death - just a game.

LB|away 20 May 2004 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikay
LB jeez, don't thank me just cos I didn't play.

Well done all the FAnGers, it's probably nice to have a round without major controversy and finish in the position you deserved the whole round. Anyway, I always said LB was 1 of the great PA players, now here's ya proof.

Kind of funny reading all the hypocracy from everyone else too. Guys remember the old "proud to be FAnG" motto - know what it means? It means when you're in FAnG it's about the fun, it's not life and death - just a game.

Thanks appreciate this coming from you, since you are the one guy who teached me this game.

mazzelaar 20 May 2004 13:05

Quote:

I am not thanking myself at all. I am not very happy with the victory, I am not proud of it.
I exspected some of you people to know me better then that.
Seems you are all hypocrites and flaming is all you can. pity

Like I said, it wasn't flame it was criticism based upon how I see the facts. Just because someone disagrees with someone (you're right, I don't know you that well ;) ) it isn't neccessarily a flame. Stop harassing people for daring to give their opinions.

KillGhost 20 May 2004 13:06

Quote:

agreed

LB|away 20 May 2004 13:07

Quote:

Like I said, it wasn't flame it was criticism based upon how I see the facts. Just because someone disagrees with someone (you're right, I don't know you that well ;) ) it isn't neccessarily a flame. Stop harassing people for daring to give their opinions.

I am not harassing you for giving your opinion
I am harassing you for stating things you seem to see in my post, which a from what my intention was with the post.

You see things wrong, thats all......

mazzelaar 20 May 2004 13:09

Quote:

I am not harassing you for giving your opinion
I am harassing you for stating things you seem to see in my post, which a from what my intention was with the post.

You see things wrong, thats all......

I seem to be aware of other FAnG than you that have posted on this thread whom my post might possibly have been aimed at. ;)

Rumad 20 May 2004 13:10

Quote:

actually I would say its more about giving other alliances such as ND and Vision credit where credit is due. Its also about trying to move on.

It would have ben easy to start a "WE WON AINT WE GREAT!!!" thread. Sure if yu are retiring like m yu will say a fewthank you as I dont se any point in posting anything apart frm what I have written above.

FAnG have more than any other alliance trie round after rund to recover from a set back. Round after rund we have had something fk up for us. This round was as Leff said ours and we deserved it. If yu want me to gloat their you go, but the fact is thast not what this is about - shame the 1 up posters couldnt keep there trolling to themselves until threads for next round start....

Anyway I am off home to see my gf - she is much more needy of my time than crap posts about what I am supposed to be thinking :)

Rumad 20 May 2004 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillGhost
agreed

and i suppose all the 1up members that have replied this isnt a troll right?

LB|away 20 May 2004 13:14

Quote:

I seem to be aware of other FAnG than you that have posted on this thread whom my post might possibly have been aimed at. ;)

Well it was me who made this thread, if you wanna reply on what others said
mail them or start a new thread.

Cooling 20 May 2004 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjeldoran

If I wasnt posting with my real nick people wouldnt recognise me as an ex furyite would they?

First impressions count KJ, Fang was never a significant alliance and now i return to PA to find that you won the previous round? Am I the only one who sees somthing wrong with this picture?

As for gloating, i'll take your word for it that the thread was intended to thank those who helped you out. There is no way you can do that tactfully, you cant avoid the cynical folks who think they detect the prescence of over inflated egos and moronic alliance rhetoric.

Perhaps it is merely a token victory after all.