Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [WoW] question (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=190010)

roadrunner_0 1 Mar 2006 22:50

[WoW] question

does anyone know of a mirror where i can d/l from 1.0 to current as i have had to reinstall and trying to d/l from blizzard will take the rest of the night

Rids 1 Mar 2006 22:56

Re: [WoW] question

erm, I had to go through this recently, and I just did it through Blizzard, went to bed and was all done when I woke up.

Sorry dude :(

NEWSBOT3 1 Mar 2006 23:03

try fileplanet ?

roadrunner_0 1 Mar 2006 23:03

tis ok, i got it thanks though rids

hyfe 1 Mar 2006 23:18

Take all night? Have you actually tried Blizzard?

I recently updated mine from scratch and had +700KB/s the entire session. They're really, really fast on older patches.

roadrunner_0 1 Mar 2006 23:59

not if you are behind a router they arent, i have never got more than 30k/s off them, and thats rare, i generally update through mirrors, but most of them only go back as far as 1.7, i have however found a 1.x to 1.8 patch and a 1.8 to current, so its all good :)

roadrunner_0 2 Mar 2006 00:28

ok, another question: the realm is up and im up to date, but i cant login, none of my guild mates are having a problem, could norton internet security (note: this isnt my comp and i wouldnt install that piece of shit on my comp) be causing the problem?

NEWSBOT3 2 Mar 2006 00:41

yes it could.

Nadar 2 Mar 2006 01:11

Btw, now that we're talking about WoW, watch this movie:
http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/World_...dag_50863.html

roadrunner_0 2 Mar 2006 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
yes it could.

one quick switching-off of norton later, and it works a treat :)

Kurashima 2 Mar 2006 12:17

Just a note

Gen a priest NOW and run it as far up the levels as you can , as the priest re-spec is coming, so you can single category a priest as far as you want and not have to worry about paying for a re-spec when you realise it can only do combat / healing :)

(mines on 60 already :))

SilverSmoke 2 Mar 2006 12:44

I haven't tried a priest since a year, are they still difficult to level up solo pve grinding?

I'm thinking of rolling a warlock or priest when my shaman hits 60 as I don't like to respec my melee shaman in a manatide dropping healer.

MrL_JaKiri 2 Mar 2006 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
not if you are behind a router they arent,

They are if you have port forwarding or a DMZ set up properly.

MrL_JaKiri 2 Mar 2006 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurashima
Just a note

Gen a priest NOW and run it as far up the levels as you can , as the priest re-spec is coming, so you can single category a priest as far as you want and not have to worry about paying for a re-spec when you realise it can only do combat / healing :)

(mines on 60 already :))

Or you can pay one gold. Starting one just to get a respec (especially when, chances are, you'll still be speccing shadow unless you're 60) seems a curious idea.

Kurashima 2 Mar 2006 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Or you can pay one gold. Starting one just to get a respec (especially when, chances are, you'll still be speccing shadow unless you're 60) seems a curious idea.

Ignore the previous comment. Im not quite sure why i said it , possibly because ive respecced this priest 3 times on the way up and im happy i wont have to spend the large amount of gold it would cost me to re-spec him again.

SilverSmoke 2 Mar 2006 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I haven't tried a priest since a year, are they still difficult to level up solo pve grinding?

I'm thinking of rolling a warlock or priest when my shaman hits 60 as I don't like to respec my melee shaman in a manatide dropping healer.

hey guys :(

hyfe 2 Mar 2006 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
not if you are behind a router they arent,

Seriously, yes they are.[fast, the blizzard servers]

At my parents house I consintantly get +100KB/s, behind a router with no ports open. They only suck if you're trying to update right after a release. At all other times they have shitloads of bandwidth to spare.

roadrunner_0 2 Mar 2006 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
They are if you have port forwarding or a DMZ set up properly.

come on, this is me you are talking to! so long as it works i ignore the magic that makes it work!