Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   American Taliban (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189873)

wu_trax 21 Feb 2006 11:51

American Taliban

http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

Some really nice quotes there.

Ultimate Newbie 21 Feb 2006 12:18

Re: American Taliban

"George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States, he was appointed by God."

That one made me laugh alot more than the others - he is indeed correct about the former. The latter is clearly trash.

PSH 21 Feb 2006 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yokel
"Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."

:D

pyirt 21 Feb 2006 12:48

"There`s only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons....use them".
He could be right you know.

Veedeejem! 21 Feb 2006 13:14

Quote:

"I would like to outlaw contraception...contraception is disgusting – people using each other for pleasure."*

*I get the distinct impression that Mr. Scheidler's poor wife isn't guilty of feeling any pleasure…
:D

SepH 22 Feb 2006 14:49

This is as hilarious as it is scary.

Cannon_Fodder 22 Feb 2006 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by wu_trax
http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

Some really nice quotes there.

You found my hitlist!

IncubusGod 24 Feb 2006 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SepH
This is as hilarious as it is scary.

Actually I'm thinking scary for the most part, funny for some...

Nodrog 24 Feb 2006 22:56

Quote:

"We are engaged in a social, political, and cultural war. There's a lot of talk in America about pluralism. But the bottom line is somebody's values will prevail. And the winner gets the right to teach our children what to believe."

I dont get whats wrong with this quote, its perfectly accurate.

Phang 24 Feb 2006 23:20

it's less the accuracy of the quote, more the implications behind it.

Nodrog 24 Feb 2006 23:22

There can be implications behind a one sentence long, out-of-context quote?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phang
I feel it's more significant than the weighing up of whether things count as civil liberties

Structural Integrity 24 Feb 2006 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodrog
I dont get whats wrong with this quote, its perfectly accurate.[/left]

"The one who wins the war gets to write history" still holds true, but I think the part "teach our children what to believe" kind of sounds like brainwashing.

Flavius 24 Feb 2006 23:38

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

wtf

Phang 25 Feb 2006 00:13

i accept context may better it, but when a thinktanker says something like that it usually means "so lets make sure our children believe this!" and when
the thinktank is apparently crazy and christian, it spells bad news.

_RATM_ 25 Feb 2006 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodrog
I dont get whats wrong with this quote, its perfectly accurate.[/left]

There's a clash between nationalism and multiculturalism with that. Because you can't let the evil muslim control America, you know.

It's an ongoing debate, one that I doubt anyone will solve soon.

s|k 25 Feb 2006 00:51

Posting in an anti-America thread.

Vaio 25 Feb 2006 00:52

Notice how the whole lot of them are ugly ****ers and look at the beard on Henry Morris ! He look like a fanny face.

IncubusGod 25 Feb 2006 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by s|k

I wouldn't say it's anti-america, I'd say it's anti-american-christian-fundamentalists.
Wow, that's a lot of hyphens.

_RATM_ 25 Feb 2006 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by IncubusGod
I wouldn't say it's anti-america, I'd say it's anti-american-christian-fundamentalists.
Wow, that's a lot of hyphens.

You jargon whore, you.

meglamaniac 25 Feb 2006 03:30

It always amazes me how ignorant American Christian Fundamentalists and the god-bothering Bible belt redneck lot tend to be.
Leaving aside all the drivel about white supremacy, the sins of science, AIDS being "justice for fags", the one thing that's certain to make me think "you sir, are an ignoramus" is the Jew bashing.

Let's take a quick Bible 101 shall we?
Who was Moses leading out of Egypt to safety? Just because they're referred to as "The Isralites" doesn't alter who they are.
Who was Jesus the Messiah for? That's right, let's replace try that replacing "Isralites" with "Jews" trick we learnt earlier.
Why do you think Israel is so worked up over it's holy land? It was, after all promised to the Jews by their Messiah, Jesus Christ.

How on earth so many people who claim to be Christian have managed to get by without actually giving the Bible (especially the Old Testament) so much as a passing glance is beyond reasonable explanation.

As an aside:
Hey Bigots! The Bible is set in a land currently populated by people of a suspiciously Arabic descent, in a land under the constant sun, where Pharoes ruled over the deserts bounding Nile and where people scratched a living from dry earth. And in this land, you think Jesus Christ was a white man?

IncubusGod 25 Feb 2006 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by meglamaniac
It always amazes me how ignorant American Christian Fundamentalists and the god-bothering Bible belt redneck lot tend to be.
Leaving aside all the drivel about white supremacy, the sins of science, AIDS being "justice for fags", the one thing that's certain to make me think "you sir, are an ignoramus" is the Jew bashing.

Who was Moses leading out of Egypt to safety? Just because they're referred to as "The Isralites" doesn't alter who they are.
Who was Jesus the Messiah for? That's right, let's replace try that replacing "Isralites" with "Jews" trick we learnt earlier.
Why do you think Israel is so worked up over it's holy land? It was, after all promised to the Jews by their Messiah, Jesus Christ.

How on earth so many people who claim to be Christian have managed to get by without actually giving the Bible (especially the Old Testament) so much as a passing glance is beyond reasonable explanation.

As an aside:
Hey Bigots! The Bible is set in a land currently populated by people of a suspiciously Arabic descent, in a land under the constant sun, where Pharoes ruled over the deserts bounding Nile and where people scratched a living from dry earth. And in this land, you think Jesus Christ was a white man?

Well to be honest it's not limited to the U.S., but there seems to be quite alot of it there.
And really, no matter what we say we'll never change their minds. I don't like to think about it.
What I find interesting is that they believe that once the Jews reclaim the holy land, then the second coming of Christ will occur.
At that stage all the Jews will have to convert to Christianity (according to them), something which fundamentalist jewish israelis just snicker at and accept the Christians suppport, money and help anyway.
Second coming, end of days etc. Everyone who's not *insert Christian sect here* is going to hell. Paradise for just them. Doesn't matter who they have to destroy, support or kill to make it happen.

Oh how this shit makes me dispair. So I try not to think of it and just count myself lucky I don't like in the Bible Belt of the U.S.

Tactitus 25 Feb 2006 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by meglamaniac

I believe it was promised* to them by God (as relayed by Moses) right before Moses dies and Israel enters the "Promised Land." See Deuteronomy.

*Well technically a covenant.

Fyodor 25 Feb 2006 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Well to be honest it's not limited to the U.S., but there seems to be quite alot of it there.
And really, no matter what we say we'll never change their minds. I don't like to think about it.
What I find interesting is that they believe that once the Jews reclaim the holy land, then the second coming of Christ will occur.
At that stage all the Jews will have to convert to Christianity (according to them), something which fundamentalist jewish israelis just snicker at and accept the Christians suppport, money and help anyway.
Second coming, end of days etc. Everyone who's not *insert Christian sect here* is going to hell. Paradise for just them. Doesn't matter who they have to destroy, support or kill to make it happen.

Oh how this shit makes me dispair. So I try not to think of it and just count myself lucky I don't like in the Bible Belt of the U.S.

Heres my one of my problems with Christianity.

Most christians will agree that the 10 commandments are gods law. I learned them in ccd and most christians learn them at a young age.

The second commandment clearly states, no matter how you may interpret it:
2)Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Some translations talk about god being jealous etc etc but that is the jist of it.

Jesus isnt god, as clearly admitted by himself when he is hanging on the cross and speaks aloud to god, asking him "father why have to forsaken me"

Now I have heard christians speak of jesus as the "lord" many times. Ive also heard them pray to jesus and in some sects bow to him on a cross.

To me this is a clear violation of the second commandment. And it is a fatal flaw as, due to the nature of their relgion, its a sin they will keep on repeating and can never ask forgiveness for.

i believe it was St. Augustine who devised a way around this flaw. (I think I read somewhere that it is one of his novices who came up with the idea, but whether it was augustine, a novice, or someone entirely different it is not the point)

The way around the breaking of the second commandment is The Trinity.

The Holy Trinity is the idea that jesus, god and the holy ghost are all the same being.

Clearly Jesus doesnt think this when he is bitching at god while hanging from the cross. Clearly god doesnt think this when he tells mary that he sent the holy ghost to knock her up. (whats up with that) By their own words, these are 3 seperate entities.

So by this reasoning Christians cannot get into heaven

I can picture it. At the pearly gates, St. Peter sees a newly deceased christian approaching. He quickly spins around and grabs a tape recorder. He hands it to the christian and tells them it is a message from jesus and that he made it because he cant be arsed saying the same thing over and over again.

The Christian pushes play and jesus clears his throat and says " I never told you to worship me, I told you I would intercede on your behalf upon entering the kingdom of heaven provided you repented your sins in life. You have broken the second commandment continously and therefore I cant pull any strings for you."

Then from down below, the christian hears a booming voice saying "Okay, Christians to the left, murderers, adulterers, theives and so on to the right.

Sorry, its late and im babbling...

queball 25 Feb 2006 08:39

I like the Ronald Reagan quote particularly with his picture.

Paisley 25 Feb 2006 11:09

Funny... whilst at the same time these guys (Bush jnr in particular) have the finger on the red button.

"O lord tell me when lord, tell me when"

Paisley 25 Feb 2006 11:11

Henry Morris
"When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data."

Noticed how "unevolved" he looks

All Systems Go 25 Feb 2006 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Robertson
Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different...More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.

meglamaniac 25 Feb 2006 19:01

I actually just paid attention to what Ann Coulter has to say. There's something about her photo which makes me want to give her a good punch, and her views don't do much to deter this urge - most notably:

Quote:

Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims
Damn those dirty turban wearing Irishmen and thier IRA!
And woe is me, it's astonishing Eta have any time to organise any attacks given that they're constantly building Mosques.
And as for the Oklahoma incident, Timothy McVeigh just plain looks like a dirty muslim now doesn't he?

The only way to understand the gibberish being spouted by these people seems to be to go bounce my head off the desk a few times until concussion brings my rational thought down to their level.

Kurashima 27 Feb 2006 19:17

http://www.themoononline.com/imagesone/americanview.jpg

Radical Edward 28 Feb 2006 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaio
Notice how the whole lot of them are ugly ****ers and look at the beard on Henry Morris ! He look like a fanny face.

fortunately, henry morris is now dead, and won't be coming up with more crap like that.

at0mic.c0w 28 Feb 2006 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by s|k

more like pro-terrist

Yahwe 28 Feb 2006 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radical Edward
fortunately, henry morris is now dead, and won't be coming up with more crap like that.

you're breaking nantoz's heart :(

Paisley 28 Feb 2006 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nantoz
Watch you mouth, you heathen!

' [Lev 21:5; Deut 14:1] You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard

Jesus is my homeboy, don't make me use him.

#

I bet ya he is a "that the world is 10,000 years old" fundamentalist christian.

Paisley 28 Feb 2006 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radical Edward

Damn I was looking forward to this guys answer to the Dinosaurs :(
Dinosaurs not being mention in the bible but science has uncover this to be the case.

meglamaniac 28 Feb 2006 21:43

I imagine the answer would be something along the lines of "The Bible doesn't mention the duckbilled platypus either, but it still exists!" with added bullshit somewhere.