Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Donation and Salvage (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198365)

MrLobster 17 Dec 2009 19:11

Donation and Salvage

Ok so this is the second time i wrote this as the gf decided to close the browser after she looked at facebook :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3185612)
'make salvage valueneutral the last week', you get max back what you lose, so 100% defender salvage if you kill enough of the attacker.

Nice idea, that means I can launch on the #1 without fear of getting closed.

Basically you only get salvage up to the limit of your own destroyed ships. So if none of your ships are killed by the other side you wont get any salvage, which tbh is the reason for good defending is to not lose anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The PA Manual
Also, if you steal ships while defending, you get salvage from the ships that died during stealing.

Now if I assume that it means the defenders get salvage on ships that died during merging, how on earth is this correct?

You already get value by value for the ships you stole and then get salvage for the ships you lose during the merge? Defenders should only get salvage for the ships they lose due to being killed.

Hopefully I am correct when saying this, and if I am then PATeam need to address this issue before the next round starts.

Knight Theamion 17 Dec 2009 19:20

Re: Donation and Salvage

I don't think there is something wrong with the fact that ziks get value for the ships they lose while defending, they are a defensive race, it might need more balancing, and other races might need other 'race specific' advantages.

But face it, the way I think Zik should be designed is:

Shit at attacking, especially at the start.
Good at defending, also at the start.
When a Zik retains and grows his value (i.e. play competently) at some point he should gain 'momentum'.

MrLobster 17 Dec 2009 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight Theamion (Post 3185630)
I don't think there is something wrong with the fact that ziks get value for the ships they lose while defending, they are a defensive race, it might need more balancing, and other races might need other 'race specific' advantages.

Zik's work like any other damage races, in they still cause losses to the other side, however they swap ships by losing their own. They shouldnt be able to benefit from stealing ships, they should gain from getting roids and XP.

JonnyBGood 17 Dec 2009 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLobster (Post 3185631)
Zik's work like any other damage races, in they still cause losses to the other side, however they swap ships by losing their own. They shouldnt be able to benefit from stealing ships, they should gain from getting roids and XP.

Are you saying that in every zik combat (except versus emp) ziks should lose value? That'd be, uh, pretty hard to balance.