Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Not drinking! (for a while) (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191553)

Proxi 10 Jul 2006 12:18

Not drinking! (for a while)

In an attempt to detox myself, i've decided to go on a little break from the boozing, starting from last saturday.
By little break, I mean that a mates stag do is on the 21st of this fair month, and needless to say I will be taking a tipple at this occasion!
Now normally I would go out and get rat arsed 1/2 times a week, usually drinking ridiculous amounts in the process (but never seeming to end up much worse off than anyone else :(). This has been happening more or less constanly since I was around 15, with a few breaks. I am now 21.
After only a week, I already feel more clear headed, stronger, quicker and fitter than normal. I also seem to have a reduced appetite, but this may just be a coincidence.

My point is, that there might be something too this not-drinking malarky. I always knew that alcohol did damage to you, but I never suspected that the after effects could be both so long term and dramatic, and so easily reversible.

On another note, ive been out to a few clubs while not pissed, during this little experiment (its graduation week, and two freinds birthdays so about 4 times this week :(). When I had done this in the past, I always felt shit and self-concious and bored the whole night, but the more you do it, the easier it becomes.

Women seem to like a fella that doesnt drink aswell, the pulling rate for me has increased from zero in nearly a month, to two in a week.

I will definately be drinkning again, but I might carry on the detox for a while after the stag do.

Marilyn Manson 10 Jul 2006 12:34

Re: Not drinking! (for a while)

Halting the progress of pickling your liver and murdering your brain cells probably does have some effect on your physical and mental abilities.

I'm a doctor you know.

JonnyBGood 10 Jul 2006 12:38

This is where countries could do with an exile button like in Planetarion am i rite?

pablissimo 10 Jul 2006 12:43

I drink quite a lot on a pretty much daily basis so am basically only ever in two states; drunk or hungover. I've had occasions when I've given up the booze for a while and you're absolutely right, it feels great after a few days. I wake up earlier and with more energy, though granted I sleep a little less soundly, I get tired less and feel generally happier in myself.

I imagine I'll be a lot better with my drinking when I get past the Fringe (you try working 77 hour weeks and not wanting a pint after a shift) assuming I actually find full-time employment for September.

robban1 10 Jul 2006 12:43

the downside is that you see how ugly the chicks are at the club instead of waking up beside a monster the day after (maybe a good ting) :)

Marilyn Manson 10 Jul 2006 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablissimo
I drink quite a lot on a pretty much daily basis so am basically only ever in three states; drunk, hungover, or ****ing hard for clowns. THOSE ****ING COCK-TEASERS!

Fixed for great justice.

Paisley 10 Jul 2006 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proxi
In an attempt to detox myself, i've decided to go on a little break from the boozing, .... .

Proxi off the sauce? :confused:
Like anything else everything in moderation (obviously a few exceptions)
Going out on the pull, It cant do any harm to have a few "icebreakers" but as you said no burd likes a lad who is absolutely rat arsed.

Tomkat 10 Jul 2006 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley
Going out on the pull, It cant do any harm to have a few "icebreakers" but as you said no burd likes a lad who is absolutely rat arsed.

I don't know, I always found the dribbling-while-staring-at-her-cleavage tactic works incredibly!

Proxi 10 Jul 2006 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
I don't know, I always found the dribbling-while-staring-at-her-cleavage tactic works incredibly!

You only get a certain kind of woman that way tk.

The right kind!

dda 10 Jul 2006 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I'm a doctor you know.

Proxi

Whatever you do, don't let him talk you into taking a physical. You won't like it in the end.

Paisley 10 Jul 2006 21:42

Quote:

Works great at "club Slapper"

Tomkat 10 Jul 2006 21:50

it worked well with your mum :(

Paisley 10 Jul 2006 21:53

Quote:

it worked well with your mum :(

My Mum is dead you fking necrophiliac :mad:

gzambo 10 Jul 2006 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
This is where countries could do with an exile button like in Planetarion am i rite?

quoted for the truth
now wheres that button

Deepflow 10 Jul 2006 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paisley
My Mum is dead you fking necrophiliac :mad:

Everyone's mum is dead on the internet.

coffee- 10 Jul 2006 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dda
Proxi

Whatever you do, don't let him talk you into taking a physical. You won't like it in the end.

Dotatrix 11 Jul 2006 03:03

I haven't been drunk for 16 years, everybody praise me. :(

Tomkat 11 Jul 2006 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotatrix
I haven't been drunk for 16 years, everybody praise me. :(

are you 16

Marilyn Manson 11 Jul 2006 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by dda

They like it up 'em.