Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Planetarion Suggestions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Demolish Construction (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=194743)

nxtasy 19 Jun 2007 14:05

Demolish Construction

After playing a few speed rounds this seems like it could be a beneficial change.

Having reached all 150 constructions allowed i'm stuck with 10 of each factory (only throwing out 100k of each resource).

However if I had a large number of roids (well, anything like 2k+) it'd be far more beneficial for me to have 30 more finance centres instead, which would increase my output the more roids I got.

Whether it's been discussing before I don't know, but it seems only common sense you can smash your own constructions, if it makes room for better ones? :banana:

furball 19 Jun 2007 14:25

Re: Demolish Construction

Yeah, it's been discussed before. Personally I'm against it since the inability to destroy your own constructions adds a level of strategy to construction building whereby you can't just spam research labs at the start, then later destroy them in favour of finance centres/distorters/factories.

Heartless 19 Jun 2007 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
Yeah, it's been discussed before. Personally I'm against it since the inability to destroy your own constructions adds a level of strategy to construction building whereby you can't just spam research labs at the start, then later destroy them in favour of finance centres/distorters/factories.

But what happens now is just that people ask "friendly cov oppers" to take out some of their constructions then, especially dist whores ask for taking out a factory in order to build another distorter.

nxtasy 19 Jun 2007 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartless
But what happens now is just that people ask "friendly cov oppers" to take out some of their constructions then, especially dist whores ask for taking out a factory in order to build another distorter.

Yeah I was even thinking of doing this myself in the next round.

Just evens out the playing field a little more for people who don't have "those friend" :)

Kargool 19 Jun 2007 15:09

My suggestion have simply been: Removing constructions. If you got 140 constructions and want to remove one, it will cost you 141k of each resource and the buildtime to build a usual building. I think ive suggested this 3-4 times over the last years

Makhil 19 Jun 2007 16:38

it is about time we have the possibility to demolish a building. If it is at a cost as logically suggested I don't see the problem.

furball 19 Jun 2007 16:51

I like the strategic side of constructions - there's no going back.

-Blue Moon- 27 Jun 2007 08:58

ok these threads usually go nowhere so...

slightly different twist:

DE-CONSTRUCT buildings. (could even be given as a final research after you reach the 150 limit - incurring additional research costs)
takes 3 times as long and costs 3 times as much to destroy as it would for your next structure to build. (e.g. 49th structure would cost 150k and from a base of 12 ticks, would take 36 ticks to deconstruct).

effectively punnishes poor planning and is suitably timed/priced to do so.
(are you going to stop research into other areas to enable this feature, and are you going to be willing to pay to demolish a research lab at your 150 maximum when the cost is going to be 450k to demolish and an additional 149k to re-build? (599k!!!) there's your strategic element)

i think the reason people want to see a demolish-esque option is because PA are going down the path of micro-management and realism - realistically there's no reason why I couldn't demolish a structure on my planet, so they need to allow the option.

constructions aren't really a viable 'strategy' anymorefor dist whores due to the 'realistic' changes in production --- meaning nobody will have 149 distorters and a light factory, and placing less emphasis on a pure scanner.