Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What makes Ultores different? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201370)

Mzyxptlk 8 Jul 2017 11:32

What makes Ultores different?

So I was reading some old threads and came across this exchange:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banned (Post 3181583)
I'm in an odd position here. I really don't want us to win again. We definitely have the potential to do it. I just don't want us to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3181605)
Why not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banned (Post 3181631)
So incredibly overdone.

That led me to think the following: what sets Ultores apart from every other superpower in PA history is that they don't seem to ever get bored of winning.

I will now take pop psych explanations as to why.

DrunkenViking 8 Jul 2017 21:31

Re: What makes Ultores different?

The emo over not going ftw this round is immense if that matters.

Kaiba 8 Jul 2017 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkenViking (Post 3258846)
The emo over not going ftw this round is immense if that matters.

Internal emo?

In regards to the OP they have a very driven unit. You join Ult to win. It's expected. So any new member joins knowing they will have to commit to playing their best game.

The level of competition is weaker than 20 rounds ago too. So invariably if Ult decide to 'go for it' they will win it.

CBA 10 Jul 2017 17:48

It's ran like a god damn fkin Business. Like all pro gamer's should act/play to win. Ult care to win.

Ult have a couple dcs willing to dc the 7 weeks. And they have the rest medicore / decent players ( a mixture of each ) ready to respond to phone calls.

G fkin G

DeadOps 14 Jul 2017 06:35

Ult FTW! ;)

eksero 14 Jul 2017 10:25

People want to win, what's the point of playing if you don't? :rolleyes:

Ave 14 Jul 2017 12:20

Dont we all? Some are just willing to put more effort in it.

Mzyxptlk 14 Jul 2017 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by eksero (Post 3259006)
People want to win, what's the point of playing if you don't? :rolleyes:

If people only cared about winning or trying to win, why does HR exist?

eksero 14 Jul 2017 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
If people only cared about winning or trying to win, why does HR exist?

Oh, I was implying that's the mentality in Ult. Hence why most people in ult would just like to be done with this round asap.

[DDK]gm 14 Jul 2017 16:18

the difference with ultores is agar3s!!!

Munkee 15 Jul 2017 07:39

The difference in many alliances is down to 1-5 dedicated people. It's as simple as that and I wouldn't look much further into it. There are "good" players in many alliances, p3ng has had many come , go and remain. The difference is in the ones who put effort into the jobs outside of just attacking.

For Ultores we all know agar3s and Xerx change their defence from being utter shite (this round) to a well oiled machine (round wins). The same can be said for apprime, without coc and a couple others helping out in DC world apprime are a push over.

For p3ng, we've gone through many phases of the above. Early rounds myself, m0rph3us and a couple others could dedicate huge time to the alliance in order to keep our defence and strategy up to scratch. We then went through phases of needing long breaks where no one else really stepped up. The last 5 or so rounds we have been making changes to this however it was still very euro centric which means we've still not had the best coverage we would like. This round we were up there in top 3 or 4 allies for def, considering we chose to 3 fleet from tick 800ish this has been decent work. Those people are in a better timezone and hand off to our euro team. It works.

Once again though, the dedication of a few to benefit the many. I do not want to downplay any alliance members in not just p3ng but those outside p3ng also but really playing a planet in PA is very easy, juggling that with dedication to help other people play their planets is the difference.

Demort 15 Jul 2017 17:21

Totally agree with you about this munkee