Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spartan Total Warrior (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=187968)

Green Spit 23 Oct 2005 13:01

Spartan Total Warrior

Is or has anyone here played Spartan Total Warrior? Im playing it on the PS2 at the moment but Im stuck on defeating Crassus. Any tips you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

By the way, if you havent played it and was thinking about getting it, I can recommend it. Its a pretty slick game and amost has an 'epic' feel about it. Im loving it at the moment :D apart from this crassus fella :(

skiddy 23 Oct 2005 13:07

Re: Spartan Total Warrior

I could never get into any of the other Total War games, so I'm reluctant to give this one a go - even though having watched (and cried at... again) Gladiator last week I am tempted to buy it and relive the adventure as they say.

But I think I'll stick with AOE3, Earth 2160 and Lego Star Wars.

DukePaul 23 Oct 2005 13:26

Spartan is a typical hack-and-slash game, which is quite boring in my book (oh, nevermind that X-Men Legends 2 I have at home, only playing it because I'm bored).

And skiddy, the other Total War games are strategy games (atleast afaik), while this isn't. It's mostly only made by the same people, so they sell it based on their reputation.

Sorry for not being able to help you, though ;) Tried gamefaqs.com yet?

Gate 23 Oct 2005 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukePaul
And skiddy, the other Total War games are strategy games (atleast afaik), while this isn't. It's mostly only made by the same people, so they sell it based on their reputation.

He's right you know. Total Warrior is about as far from Total War as you can get! :p

Personally, I thought it was kind of entertaining from the level I played, but could get boring. If you like that sort of game, try out Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders (or Heroes). They're a bit like Total Warrior, only they're based in a typical fantasy world and, IMO, are much better. If Total Warrior is a 5/10, they are 8/10.

wu_trax 23 Oct 2005 13:56

ill stick with rome total war. now that i found a way to unlock all the other civs its fun again :)
and while we are not on the topic (as this is a totally different game), shouldnt there be some kind of expansion set for rome total war coming out any time soon?

SilverSmoke 23 Oct 2005 13:59

Anyone saw 99 nights on xbox 360 yet?

Jesus, I am one of those 'don't care about grafx, gimme gameplay' dudes but hell yeah I would like to buy one just for that game. ****ing awesome, There was some warrior type samurai slashing through hundreds and hundreds of enemies (on screen yo) in the sexiest grafx I've ever seen in a beat'm up, all without a single trace of a slowdown.

Cannon_Fodder 23 Oct 2005 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by wu_trax
ill stick with rome total war. now that i found a way to unlock all the other civs its fun again :)
and while we are not on the topic (as this is a totally different game), shouldnt there be some kind of expansion set for rome total war coming out any time soon?

yes barbarian invision

and how do you unlock the civs?

DukePaul 23 Oct 2005 14:10

Quote:

How? Tell me, pretty pretty please ;)
And yes, Barbaric Invasion was released a few days ago. I think.

MrL_JaKiri 23 Oct 2005 14:14

Quote:

And yes, Barbaric Invasion was released a few days ago. I think.

Nearly a month ago in fact.

wu_trax 23 Oct 2005 14:20

its pretty simple: there is a file in the directory 'Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign' called 'descr_strat.txt'.
open that file (its a simple textfile, so notepad is enough). at the top of that file there are three sections: playable, unlockable and nonplayable. simply cut and paste the civs from nonplayable to playable and there you go. i think you could do a lot of other things in that file aswell, but i didnt look it through yet.

the map on the start campaign screen looks a bit strange, but other than that eveything works fine. oh, and if you play the senat the game crashes if you click the senate-tap in the faction summary screen. im just playing Pontus and thats kind of fun \o/

DukePaul 23 Oct 2005 14:22

Ah, cool, thanks. What about unplayable? Sounds fun :D

I managed to unlock a few civs, but then it just sorta stopped unlocking, nothing new was given me. Anyway, I'll go home now and do just that.

wu_trax 23 Oct 2005 14:24

yes, it only unlocks egypt, seleucid, carthage, parthia, gauls, germans, britons and greek cities. all others are supposed to be unplayable.

HAL-9000 23 Oct 2005 14:36

Okay am I the only one who unlocked all the civs just by COMPLETING THE GAME?! What you're suggesting is akin to cheating and, in my view, pointless. As you have already stated, it also cocks your game up a tad. Complete the game as a Roman (I suggest the Brutii as the best of the Roman factions) by holding x provinces (50 i think - not sure) and holding Rome. You don't even need to destroy the other Roman factions. Come on men, it ain't hard.

NEWSBOT3 23 Oct 2005 14:39

People are lazy.

An easier way is to complete a short campaign. This unlocks a few and by completeing more short compaigns you get them all, etc.

wu_trax 23 Oct 2005 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAL-9000
Okay am I the only one who unlocked all the civs just by COMPLETING THE GAME?! What you're suggesting is akin to cheating and, in my view, pointless. As you have already stated, it also cocks your game up a tad. Complete the game as a Roman (I suggest the Brutii as the best of the Roman factions) by holding x provinces (50 i think - not sure) and holding Rome. You don't even need to destroy the other Roman factions. Come on men, it ain't hard.

you cant unlock macedon or pontus, can you? thats what im talking about.

Cannon_Fodder 23 Oct 2005 16:34

ive completed the game like hal said, but didnt get all the civs...

Yahwe 23 Oct 2005 16:45

Quote:

you can actually

BUT I already feel like the Pope of Nerdsville just for knowing that so i am buggered if i am going to unite control of church and state by telling you how you do it.

go google it you lazy schmuk

HAL-9000 23 Oct 2005 16:45

Quote:

You know what? You are totally, completely, utterly right. :-) My mistake.

JonnyBGood 23 Oct 2005 16:48

Wait, I've got macedon. Assuming we're still talking about rome:total war here and the conversation hasn't moved onto something else leaving me behind in a trail of dust and violent beatings.

wu_trax 23 Oct 2005 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahwe
you can actually

BUT I already feel like the Pope of Nerdsville just for knowing that so i am buggered if i am going to unite control of church and state by telling you how you do it.

go google it you lazy schmuk

FOR GODS SAKE THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WRTING ABOUT IN MY LAST TEN REPLIES IN THIS THREAD. (and i didnt even need google for it, my > you)

WHY DONT YOU READ THE THREAD INSTEAD OF POSTING USELESS CRAP???

IncubusGod 23 Oct 2005 21:20

I bought Barbarian Invasion, it's good enough. Pretty much the exact same premise as Rome, just with new races. Victory conditions change for each race so some are easier to win with than others. New units are interesting, but hardly and surprises. Just the barbarian units exanded upon from the original.
No new artillery or anything like that. If you lose your last settlement then you become a Hoarde, which does add a little interest to the proceedings.
Overall, just more of the same. Not sure it would be worth the money now, wait a while till it's bargin bin stuff and give it a shot if you liked Rome Total War.

skiddy 24 Oct 2005 01:14

Quote:

FOR GODS SAKE THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WRTING ABOUT IN MY LAST TEN REPLIES IN THIS THREAD. (and i didnt even need google for it, my > you)

WHY DONT YOU READ THE THREAD INSTEAD OF POSTING USELESS CRAP???

Yeah but you can't unlock the unplayable ones, can you?

Apothos 24 Oct 2005 05:34

If you paste the unplayables into the unlockables (in said file), then finish a campaign you get the whole lot don't you?

Quote:

im just playing Pontus and thats kind of fun \o/

Is there any reason why you find it fun? I've only played whole campaigns as Julii, Britannia, Germania and Egypt, of which i found Egypt to be the most satisfying.

dda 24 Oct 2005 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Spit
Is or has anyone here played Spartan Total Warrior? Im playing it on the PS2 at the moment but Im stuck on defeating Crassus. Any tips you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

By the way, if you havent played it and was thinking about getting it, I can recommend it. Its a pretty slick game and amost has an 'epic' feel about it. Im loving it at the moment :D apart from this crassus fella :(

Why is this thread not drawing the usual paranoid replies that an 8th post poster talking about the cool game he is playing usually draw?

Not that I care but does someone know something about green spit?

Just curious.

Green Spit 24 Oct 2005 10:35

Quote:

Spartan is a typical hack-and-slash game, which is quite boring in my book (oh, nevermind that X-Men Legends 2 I have at home, only playing it because I'm bored).

Sorry for not being able to help you, though ;) Tried gamefaqs.com yet?

I'll try that website, thanks.

Although it is a hack and slash - I prefer this type of game, btw - I think its a pretty good one. Apparently its made by the people who did the graphics and enginer for BBC's Time Commanders series. I used to watch that programme and I must admit this game does seem to eminate the huge sense of battle that programe demontrated.

Also, I havent played any of those other games you mentioned. Im not really a big games player to be honest.

wu_trax 24 Oct 2005 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiddy
Yeah but you can't unlock the unplayable ones, can you?

*cries*

edit:

Quote:

Is there any reason why you find it fun? I've only played whole campaigns as Julii, Britannia, Germania and Egypt, of which i found Egypt to be the most satisfying.
other units, other map-postiton, etc