Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Strategic Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   R75 Shipstats (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201498)

Blue_Esper 28 Dec 2017 17:35

Re: R75 Shipstats

Stats are now up on Beta server. comment away...

Makhil 30 Dec 2017 13:12

doesn't look like what was discussed...

Shhhhhhh 30 Dec 2017 13:23

yea Xan Fr doesnt seem like much of a problem anymore now.

Whats going on with the T2 targetting? it doesnt seem to work atm.

Kaiba 30 Dec 2017 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh (Post 3261167)
yea Xan Fr doesnt seem like much of a problem anymore now.

Whats going on with the T2 targetting? it doesnt seem to work atm.

Yes the fact there is no xan fr roid class fixes that....

Mzyxptlk 30 Dec 2017 18:01

Can't have a problem with Xan Fr if you don't make any Xan Fr.

Insert picture of the black dude tapping his temple.

Mzyxptlk 1 Jan 2018 22:15

OK, I ran the numbers.

First, two easy ones:

Distributator -> Distributor
Pedlar -> Peddler

Ter De looks very strong: it's not the best roiding fleet, but it's very strong defensively. It needs a significant nerf, probably beyond just effs. Bs and De/Bs are not quite as overpowered, but still very good fleets. For those, I'd look into nerfing the Devastator somewhat. Fi and Fi/De are a bit weaker, but still middle of the pack overall.

Cat looks very weak. Everything roids it. I couldn't find a single fleet that it's safe from. Of all the fleets, pure Cr comes closest to viability (thanks to its very strong offensive capabilities), but if you can't hold value, EMP is not playable. I took a very quick look at the effs page, and I saw way too many effs at 13X%. We know what EMP effs should be, stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Raise all the T1 effs to 160-170%. It's hard to say if that'll be enough, but it's a good first step. The T2 effs look good.

Xan is in a good place right now. Not too strong, not too weak. The Cat buff will hurt both fleets a bit, but the Devastator nerf will help it again. Hard to tell how it'll balance out. You could reduce E/R if Cat is still too weak, or improve Armor if Ter is too strong.

Zik Co/Fr looks strong. The Co fleet is best offensively while the Fr provides the defense. Zik Co on its own is a bit weaker, but still about as good as Xan's fleets. Zik Co can choose between Dagger/Thief and Cutter for its anti-Co/Bs, and surprisingly, the latter is worse. A slight nerf to Dagger or slight buff to Cutter might be a good idea. Leave the Thief alone: nerfing that buffs Ter Bs. I dislike that there's no Zik Cr pod. Judging by the Buccaneer and the near-perfect target division between Zik Fr and Cr, you want Ziks to have a viable Cr roiding fleet. In my opinion, there's no reason not to give them a pod. Witholding it just encourages cheating of the absolute easiest and hardest to detect sort.

Etd Fr/Bs is pretty good. The Bs half roids better than any fleet other than Cat Cr, and the Fr half provides the defensive coverage that pure Bs lacks. I looked into both Bs + Dealer and Bs + Investor: they're equivalent, but the better ETA on the Investor makes Dealer obsolete. Pure Fr is worse than Fr/De and Bs in both offense and defense. This might be a good target for nerfing Ter and buffing Etd at the same time. And here too, EMP effs need to be raised by about 20 percentage points.

Note: I have only looked at solo fleets.

Makhil 2 Jan 2018 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3261177)
Distributator -> Distributor.

Indeed, 'ta' is cloaked.

Blue_Esper 2 Jan 2018 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3261177)
OK, I ran the numbers.

First, two easy ones:

Distributator -> Distributor
Pedlar -> Peddler

i'll concede on the first one
Pedlar is correct spelling

Shhhhhhh 2 Jan 2018 12:41

So shipstats are final now then?

Makhil 2 Jan 2018 13:09

It would be nice to have the signal for final stats. People want to set up their planet, the idea of having to reset if there is a significant change in stats is annoying, with all the quests involved.

Mzyxptlk 2 Jan 2018 13:43

Oh, I didn't notice we're only 3 days before tickstart. Heh. So much for balance, I guess.

BloodyButcher 3 Jan 2018 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3261184)
Oh, I didn't notice we're only 3 days before tickstart. Heh. So much for balance, I guess.

Dont think balance matter much these days anyways :o

Kaiba 3 Jan 2018 06:39

Congratulations ND on another roid swap xp fest round win.

50% xan round ahoy!

Shhhhhhh 3 Jan 2018 22:16

Is the corsair E cost intended? it seems a lot higher than any other ship. at 42% of the total ship costs.
Like someone added the E to get to the total costs of the ship but forgot to balance it later.

TheoDD 12 Jan 2018 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh (Post 3261192)
Is the corsair E cost intended? it seems a lot higher than any other ship. at 42% of the total ship costs.
Like someone added the E to get to the total costs of the ship but forgot to balance it later.

I just noticed that the Clipper costs more Eonium than Metal.
Which is the only Norm ship with this cost setup.
Think everyone failed to see this.

Mzyxptlk 12 Jan 2018 13:51

If that's the kind of problems people are worrying about, then I guess Blue_Esper did a good job.

TheoDD 12 Jan 2018 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3261234)
If that's the kind of problems people are worrying about, then I guess Blue_Esper did a good job.

Not sure how you draw that conclusion from my one comment, regarding one ship.
55% cath/xan in the universe, if that's a good balanced job...
I like most your post mz, just not the pointless ones.

Patrikc 13 Jan 2018 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3261234)

It's pointless to complain about stats that are already in use, when the universe numbers (will) speak for themselves.

Communication about stats is also quite disheartening: a day before signups the stats are uploaded to beta, feedback is requested but not replied to (other than shipnames), changes are made but not noted or kept track of... At some point you just accept whatever you get and go with it.

Mzyxptlk 13 Jan 2018 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoDD (Post 3261245)
Not sure how you draw that conclusion from my one comment, regarding one ship.
55% cath/xan in the universe, if that's a good balanced job...
I like most your post mz, just not the pointless ones.

I assume and assumed your (and everyone's) goal is to make or help make good stats. We do that by pointing out the biggest and most important problems first. If you use words like 'failure' to complain about how the resource distribution of one single ship is misaligned with tradition, then I have a hard time taking your post seriously. I mean, come on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3261246)
It's pointless to complain about stats that are already in use

For the current round, sure. Unfortunately, the player base is dissatisfied with the stats very often, and it is not like the stats makers and aficionadi are making new and interesting mistakes every round. We're making the same mistakes over and over again, and talking about them is the only way we're going to improve.

ianrenton 13 Jan 2018 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3261246)
It's pointless to complain about stats that are already in use, when the universe numbers (will) speak for themselves.

Communication about stats is also quite disheartening: a day before signups the stats are uploaded to beta, feedback is requested but not replied to (other than shipnames), changes are made but not noted or kept track of... At some point you just accept whatever you get and go with it.

Touche

Blue_Esper 13 Jan 2018 23:31

Yes this round is a stats cockup. As i was the only one who was having input on stats its solely my responsibilty.
Stats were ready to upload prior to Christmas but as appoccomaster was away i only had about 3 days before signups opened to upload stats and do emp effs as i dont have a emp calc on my excel spreadsheet. the beta server ticks didnt run so no one played the stats so only information i had was bcalcing. From calcing i deduced that xan was weak enough in my mind to not dominate the round (which i still believe) only criticism i got before signups was that emp eff was too low and that there were a lot of ships.

Changes were logged between jintao and myself but not reported to on forum.

Kaiba 14 Jan 2018 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3261251)
Yes this round is a stats cockup. As i was the only one who was having input on stats its solely my responsibilty.
Stats were ready to upload prior to Christmas but as appoccomaster was away i only had about 3 days before signups opened to upload stats and do emp effs as i dont have a emp calc on my excel spreadsheet. the beta server ticks didnt run so no one played the stats so only information i had was bcalcing. From calcing i deduced that xan was weak enough in my mind to not dominate the round (which i still believe) only criticism i got before signups was that emp eff was too low and that there were a lot of ships.

Changes were logged between jintao and myself but not reported to on forum.

Emp eff is a cop out. My spreadsheet does it. You could have used that

Cochese 16 Jan 2018 19:02

Anyone working on r76 stats yet? ;)

Blue_Esper 17 Jan 2018 02:01

Yes

Paisley 17 Jan 2018 22:02

I might submit a set for next round

Jintao 19 Jan 2018 01:21

Whoever is ready first can maybe start the R76 roundstats threat? :p

Blue_Esper 19 Jan 2018 05:13

fine

Jintao 31 Jan 2018 19:43

Hmmm doesn't seem to be much movement from the 2 people that were submitting stat sets :(

Blue_Esper 1 Feb 2018 02:00

Sorry ive made them ill post em later tonight after work

Shhhhhhh 11 Feb 2018 15:45

Long workdays

Shhhhhhh 25 Feb 2018 12:03

Did we give up on the idea of forum feedback?

TheoDD 25 Feb 2018 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh (Post 3261459)
Did we give up on the idea of forum feedback?

what are we supposed to give feedback on?

Kaiba 25 Feb 2018 19:45

this

Paisley 26 Feb 2018 02:30

I haventhad the time to put them into beta so im going to withdraw my stats

Mzyxptlk 26 Feb 2018 10:06

Would you be opposed to someone else finishing the job, Paisley?

(It's a general question; I'm not volunteering, unless starting Wednesday evening is acceptable. Which I bet it isn't.)

Paisley 26 Feb 2018 18:49

not at all, I would welcome someone to finish the set Mz