Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Cov. opping (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=173014)

Tuhoajaz 10 Dec 2003 19:49

Cov. opping

Isn't it funny how a top2500 player can CONTROL the ENTIRE game for 4 top15 players. The following scenario is a nuisance for all of us four:

We get covert opped about 5 times every 10h, and we end up losing about 7 structures. At this moment, I have no amps and no factories. Everytime I build one up, I lose 2 more.
Right now, I have MINUS 1 medium factories. Yes, MINUS one.

I agree that the rules of the game allow this, but c'moon seriously. Is it FAIR that ANYONE who's SMALL and INACTIVE enough has the ability to TOTALLY STALL and FREEZE the game for 4 top 15 players??? That's utterly ridiculous.

- Tuhoaja, Dragons HC

This round has caused me to lose all my interest in planetarion. I will move on to ******** after the pain that is pa:x finally ends.

Jurgen 10 Dec 2003 19:53

Seconded... ******** calls after this hell finally ends. :-)

And if there is next round of planetarion plz bring back deletebutton
(even if I'm prolly not gonna be there it should be highly usefull)

Biusa 10 Dec 2003 19:57

Re: Cov. opping

I haven't been "active" since round 9 but I've heard so much s*it about PaX it's untrue.
The game gives no respect for the ones who actually try to keep the game alive and play hardcore (And I KNOW Tuhoaja has been all that) - but makes it 'equal' fun for everyone. Like said, people who played the first 2 weeks semi-active can now choose the course of the round when it comes down to the top planets. Absolute bollox.

Quote:

This round has caused me to lose all my interest in planetarion. I will move on to ******** after the pain that is pa:x finally ends."
Fair enough mate.
I could claim that Tuhoaja is not the only one.

DaKing 10 Dec 2003 19:58

Agreed indeed with both posts!
I cant imagine how a n00b can **** that much up, -it most likely seems like a bug in the covert operaton code! But well, add a delete button or end the round, that did be my two best solutions for this game at this stage!

DaKing
Ğragons HC

KillGhost 10 Dec 2003 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuhoajaz
Isn't it funny how a top2500 player can CONTROL the ENTIRE game for 4 top15 players. The following scenario is a nuisance for all of us four:

We get covert opped about 5 times every 10h, and we end up losing about 7 structures. At this moment, I have no amps and no factories. Everytime I build one up, I lose 2 more.
Right now, I have MINUS 1 medium factories. Yes, MINUS one.

I agree that the rules of the game allow this, but c'moon seriously. Is it FAIR that ANYONE who's SMALL and INACTIVE enough has the ability to TOTALLY STALL and FREEZE the game for 4 top 15 players??? That's utterly ridiculous.

- Tuhoaja, Dragons HC

This round has caused me to lose all my interest in planetarion. I will move on to ******** after the pain that is pa:x finally ends.

If you get covopped about 5 times every 10 hours then that planet is hardly inactive but instead he is very active. Ofc it is his decision to play the game in this way instead of trying to gain the most roids/score. That was the whole intention of pax so you could play the game as it fits you.

Perhaps some more limitations would be nice.

NeverL 10 Dec 2003 19:59

this what happens when u try new things :/

but the bad part is that ppl payd money for that :)

JonnyBGood 10 Dec 2003 20:01

If this one guy is covert opping you four five times every ten hours he's probably fairly active on reflection.

Edit: Killghost beat me to it.

DaKing 10 Dec 2003 20:06

Can be that guy is active, -but I dont get it! The guy covert ops 4 ppl same tick with 80 agents of 3 times, which means 4 * 3 * 80 = 960 agents, and they all go through, even thought u have the hishest secrurity! Thats just what I call bugs in the code ;o)
And doesn't this guy's Stealth Level go down,??? - It seems not

Tuhoajaz 10 Dec 2003 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
If this one guy is covert opping you four five times every ten hours he's probably fairly active on reflection.

Edit: Killghost beat me to it.

I didn't pay to have my round spoiled by someone who doesn't deserve to spoil it.
But well, the rules say otherwise I suppose.

I've suicided my fleets 4 times this round so I don't take it that seriously anymore, but still :D

Forest 10 Dec 2003 20:07

Thats a diff aspect of the game that they ahve tried to play.
And to a degree it has been good.
I would like to see co-oping put in as a different race type thing, and give it a chance to win, rather than the military way, to give different avenues of winning.

Tuhoajaz 10 Dec 2003 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest
Thats a diff aspect of the game that they ahve tried to play.
And to a degree it has been good.
I would like to see co-oping put in as a different race type thing, and give it a chance to win, rather than the military way, to give different avenues of winning.

The way it has happened to me removes the value of individual achievements, as individually, there's nothing I can do. But then again, I never considered this game to be an individual struggle. Anyone can win a round of PA, it's only about their alliances, and how they work.

Or at least I think so.

Eventh 10 Dec 2003 20:12

Quote:

If you login every 10 hour, your not realy active are you??

JonnyBGood 10 Dec 2003 20:13

Quote:

I didn't pay to have my round spoiled by someone who doesn't deserve to spoil it.
But well, the rules say otherwise I suppose.

I've suicided my fleets 4 times this round so I don't take it that seriously anymore, but still :D

If he sat there and waited until he could do this and played his game right then he does deserve it (maybe it's just some random muppet though, who knows). I mean you wouldn't call someone who sent his ships out 20 strong to the biggest planet every three ticks a great player would you? It'd damn sure require some dedication though. That's the way the game currently is, and it doesn't seem like there was a lot of thought really put into it by people. I don't really like internet games that encouraged that much thinking for basic levels of success though.

Forest 10 Dec 2003 20:14

Yes, it is overpowerful and a bit sucky I agree.

It would be better if there was a way for an 'active' co-oper to win the round like it, then it shows a sense of achievement for them as well.

There does need to make sure that co-opers can be stopped, in the same way ships can be stopped, (poss by giving co-opers 8 hours to get to target, and atargets can get defnece, i dunno?) and there does need to be a way to put tactics into it (so ppl cant just log on and co-op and win), but it is an avenue that could be explored.

JonnyBGood 10 Dec 2003 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eventh
If you login every 10 hour, your not realy active are you??

Five times every ten hours. I understand our schools are failing to produce high level graduates any more but for god's sake. (Apologies if I actually totally misunderstood the original post and it's five covert-ops all at one time within ten hours. I interpreted it as five attacks every ten hours, as the other option sounded totally unfeasible to me).

PS I agree on the general issue of co-opping being overpowered as regards the defences available against them though.

KillGhost 10 Dec 2003 20:21

Quote:

Five times every ten hours. I understand our schools are failing to produce high level graduates any more but for god's sake. (Apologies if I actually totally misunderstood the original post and it's five covert-ops all at one time within ten hours. I interpreted it as five attacks every ten hours, as the other option sounded totally unfeasible to me).

PS I agree on the general issue of co-opping being overpowered as regards the defences available against them though.

now you beat me to it :(

Let's call it even.

mens 10 Dec 2003 20:38

blame eclipse, they have a cov op squad :)

Dreadnought 10 Dec 2003 21:15

seems a noob has been pasting this thread in dragons channel and getting the noob p`ganda squad onto Eclipse turf!

Karmulian 10 Dec 2003 21:24

Personal comment not pa comment

your only upset because you didn't think of it first

Tuhoajaz 10 Dec 2003 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadnought
seems a noob has been pasting this thread in dragons channel and getting the noob p`ganda squad onto Eclipse turf!

say what a what what

starbreeze 10 Dec 2003 21:37

lol! covoping is the ace

for those taht complain about losing res only means your inactive tough heh
and for those that complain about losign structures heh, tough luck more security centeres ^^

Tuhoajaz 10 Dec 2003 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmulian

Seems you didn't understand my post at all. Of course I'm upset, but by saying that you are ADMITTING that this round AIMS to what has happened; it aims to the fact that NO MATTER how active you are, there's a way to immobilize you with you having NO possible way of stopping it. This has NEVER been the case in ANY previous PA rounds.
You can imagine my dismay when I see someone gloating about personal achievements in round10 of planetarion, when that person did not receive any of my "treatment".

As I said earlier, Planetarion was NEVER about individual skills about controlling a planet, ANYONE can win a planetarion round. It's the leaders of the alliances, their activity and skills in deciding what to do, picking their officers and making war. They decide who wins, and who doesn't. To this I agree, and therefore I agree it's not relevant what can be done to single planets in this game, as it's irrelevant to the alliance in the long run.

"Top planets can be brought down JUST THAT easily", is the message this round broadcasts. No one stays top if the little players decide otherwise. I can't say I agree with the makers of a game where POTENTIALLY inactive and POTENTIALLY uninterested players have such power, but it's not my game, it's only my opinion.

Had I "thought about this" (as you so neatly put) before the round started, maybe I wouldn't have played at all.

Although I have pmed Mit about this and I got the impression he agrees it's a sort of a bug (some other guys have pmed him as well), it seems to me there's little that will be done about it.

Planetarion has been a great game for me, but this will be the last round I'm ever wasting money on it again. Many many many players agree with me, most of them HCs from various alliances (including ely, ecl, vgn, fang, dragons, newdawn, nos and vision). I still hope for the best for Planetarion in the future, but for me this is like playing Chess against an unskilled player, with the RULES saying I need to sacrifice a pawn every 3. turns "JUST BECAUSE" my opponent happens to be my inferior.

Tuhoajaz 10 Dec 2003 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbreeze
lol! covoping is the ace

for those taht complain about losing res only means your inactive tough heh
and for those that complain about losign structures heh, tough luck more security centeres ^^

My security centers are at max, and no matter how many I build, I end up losing more.
A friend even has security as #1 priority ( I think, I have it as #2 ) and he STILL has the same problem I do. There's nothing you can do even If your security is at FULL capacity, and THAT'S the problem.

SYMM 10 Dec 2003 22:04

Quote:

Dragons HC
Quote:

The Ğragon
Quote:

Ğragons High Command
Quote:

Ğragons HC
Heh, is the bandwagon not getting a bit full? :p

starbreeze 10 Dec 2003 22:06

tuhoa seriously
heh what else do u think we can do against top planets?

mens 10 Dec 2003 22:10

Quote:

tuhoa seriously

you can ask nb3 to close them? :)
I'm sure he's up to it.
(that was a joke btw)

Sun_Tzu 10 Dec 2003 22:14

I figured this one out before the round started.
I never played.
*g*
you're so late Tuho-darling :S

-Dragons pe0n, just for the **** of it

ps. The Bandwagon ain't full ever, if it gets full we'll go buy another one :S

Tuhoajaz 10 Dec 2003 22:17

Quote:

tuhoa seriously

I suppose you are right. This round, if they're awake, nothing :D Ships/ships is another thing so ridiculous it makes me wanna... well, laugh :D Name a round where 1k defending ships was enough to cover 100k incs :DDD
(nasicus' vs. fighters)

Again, had I thought about that before the round started... etc :D

Tuhoajaz 10 Dec 2003 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
I figured this one out before the round started.
I never played.
*g*
you're so late Tuho-darling :S

-Dragons pe0n, just for the **** of it

ps. The Bandwagon ain't full ever, if it gets full we'll go buy another one :S

Sun-darling, you talk much for a guy who's so young :D

Sun_Tzu 10 Dec 2003 22:21

Quote:

Sun-darling, you talk much for a guy who's so young :D

oi! I'll still drink you under the table old man ;)

Tuhoajaz 10 Dec 2003 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
oi! I'll still drink you under the table old man ;)

It's a GLANDULAR problem!! >:|

auther pendragon 10 Dec 2003 22:23

Just another sign of how pointless this game has become

theres no way of judging a players skill by rank

eg:-

1) did they abuse exile bug to get a nice gal
2) did they abuse travel time bug to get roids or to get def
3) did they manage to find the hidden attack bug and get roids from a target with 94 of a certain amount of ships sent in a certain way that doesnt die and caps against anything
4) did they have a mate destroy those above them with the co-op bug
5) did they have a mate with a backdoor kit to get the people above them deleted
6) do they get more resources due to the resource centre / eng priority combi bug(s)
7) what other undiscoverd / unpublished features do / could they exploit

I for one want this pay to beta declared unfit for purpose ASAP

Sun_Tzu 10 Dec 2003 22:25

Quote:

It's a GLANDULAR problem!! >:|

sure, sure, mr. "I just spent 10 hours in the bathroom" :P

LordNieminen 10 Dec 2003 22:44

Figured out this in beta phase already.. wasn't my kind of game.. and every time i ask what's up in pax.. it get's bitched at.. so i gues it ain't as good.. and it costs.. bah these days planetarion clones are better than planetarion.. gotta say.. it's a full circle pwnage.

Grim 10 Dec 2003 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karmulian

And this is a person which is in pa-team, is it strange pa is dieing?

Grim 10 Dec 2003 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mens
you can ask nb3 to close them? :)
I'm sure he's up to it.
(that was a joke btw)

Im sure he is up for it even though u ment it as a joke :p

Scorpio 10 Dec 2003 23:27

Quote:

Probably gonna kick Ministry into gear for january. WIll try and make your round fun then :)

Mitre 10 Dec 2003 23:36

Covert 1949 It seems a group of 90 saboteurs managed to cause some damage on 3 Amplifier(s) and 0 Distorter(s). Security has been alerted and measures are being taken to prevent any repeated attempts. Our alertness has been raised.
Covert 1949 It seems a group of 90 saboteurs managed to cause some damage on 3 Amplifier(s) and 0 Distorter(s). Security has been alerted and measures are being taken to prevent any repeated attempts. Our alertness has been raised.

Thats with max security centres and Security as first priority. It just shouldnt be possible to do so much damage. I got my alert level on superior most of the time cause of all the covert ops but still someone manage to wipe out all amps :(

dabult 10 Dec 2003 23:36

I know something Jurgen doesnt.

tihi tihi

^Sprite^ 10 Dec 2003 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biusa
I haven't been "active" since round 9 but I've heard so much s*it about PaX it's untrue.
The game gives no respect for the ones who actually try to keep the game alive and play hardcore (And I KNOW Tuhoaja has been all that)

I could claim that Tuhoaja is not the only one.

Tuhoaja is my gc and i can tell you all that he is probably the best GC i have had the pleasure of playing with since i started in r2. I know he has worked bloody hard this round and he never seems to sleep!

I think its quite shite that he can get cnutted by an inactive shit such as myself. I too shall be moving on to ******** once this round finishes.

Eventh 11 Dec 2003 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitre

Thats with max security centres and Security as first priority. It just shouldnt be possible to do so much damage. I got my alert level on superior most of the time cause of all the covert ops but still someone manage to wipe out all amps :(

So he did it all in 1 tick :)

Razorback 11 Dec 2003 01:11

awwww

(uve been trolled)

but seriously thats part of the game and im sure your alliance uses also covert op planets.
If not its your own fault, tho i agree that this is abit too powerfull.

About the 1k vs 100k fighters statement, 1k of battleships always did alot of damage, r5 it killed 25k fighters and in general all other rounds it was more about killing apods so not really compareable, If some emp dude was smart he could stop 100k mixed ships just by stunning the apods.

Guran 11 Dec 2003 07:20

Even though mostly Dragon members have complained about the cov op here, I have to say me and many in Elysium totally agree. I said it already in beta that covert ops are way too powerful and they still are. Still I was dumb enough to buy myself an account. :)

So those few of you who disagree can flame me instead of Dragons for awhile. :p

AzureWrath 11 Dec 2003 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guran
Even though mostly Dragon members have complained about the cov op here, I have to say me and many in Elysium totally agree. I said it already in beta that covert ops are way too powerful and they still are. Still I was dumb enough to buy myself an account. :)

So those few of you who disagree can flame me instead of Dragons for awhile. :p

aye...i didnt like cov ops in the beta because of this fact

and to starbreeze..players work hard to become 'big' (well, most), why should some little speck of a planet be able to trash their planet like that?

Building security centers is a waste of time and resources...was the same in beta, there's no real defense vs cov ops unless you stay small yourself.

mens 11 Dec 2003 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by auther pendragon
3) did they manage to find the hidden attack bug and get roids from a target with 94 of a certain amount of ships sent in a certain way that doesnt die and caps against anything

and I thought I was the only one aware of that one =\

Morca 11 Dec 2003 10:00

problem is: you wont have more fun in ******** :lol:

starbreeze 11 Dec 2003 10:09

to azure: true

however not all small "specks" of planets as u fondly refer to them are inactive heh, nor did they become the "speck" that they are by choice. Therefore, though covop is powerful, its the only thing these "specks" can do against the top planets...

btw... those who say covop planets aren't active heh , bs.
and um theres no way some one can do 360 covop in one tick. that is pure bs. so you prolly have many ppl going after you. and um.... after 360 covops, there is no way anyone can get through.

Lord_Thunderball 11 Dec 2003 12:12

I found it very very good that if you are roided, smashed, destroyed bust still want to go on(and you should!) you can help alliances with cov ops people that are high ranked. But indeed, I noticed that the security stuff wasn't really worked out. It should have been tested more so it was more balance. The game develops ofcource, but stuff like this should be removed after playing a good beta, not in the next round(if it ever gets fixed).

Yeggstry 11 Dec 2003 13:50

hmmmmmmmm........ Eclipse covert op team........ now THERE's and idea :cool:

cover ops is only useful to hit the top people, and Lord_Thunderball hit the nail on the head when he said that it makes someone that has been smashed feel useful by frustrating the top players. I can understand the top guys saying that they now have no factories so cant grow is annoying, if I was ever in that position I'm sure I would get annoyed too (in fact in the early beta round I was, lo Phil^ destroying my damn structures and roids). But I guess nothing is gonna be done about it so unfortunately we have to just put up with it....

meanwhile, mind if I try and blow up some of your ships?? ;)

virogenesis 11 Dec 2003 14:09

lmao @ Yeggstry you always were the n00b hehe j/k hows u anyway.... :P