Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   R56 prediction thread (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200328)

BloodyButcher 12 Mar 2014 22:17

R56 prediction thread

So who will win, and who will be the this rounds vikings?
What will be the most played race, and wich race will be the most present in top20?

Paisley 12 Mar 2014 23:11

Re: R56 prediction thread

a bit premature im making no bets till I find out alliance strategies

Blue_Esper 13 Mar 2014 00:34

didn't we see last round that strategies dont mean squat and it's all to do with politics?

BloodyButcher 13 Mar 2014 07:05

Imho strategy and consistency is what counts, politics means squat.
If you are in the position and got the luck and blessing of the smaller alliances in the final stages is what allows you to win.
HR, FAnG and ROCK had 0% of the top50 and only 5 planets in the top100 last round which might suggest they either had a bad strategy or were playing for some of the other tags.
Also FL claims their political choice in the end was one big misunderstanding rather then a planned move

Clouds 13 Mar 2014 08:13

What complete utter crap. Last round was all about politics. Plain and simple.

Forest 13 Mar 2014 08:24

I agree with clouds

BloodyButcher 13 Mar 2014 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3228915)

You cannot decide what other alliance choose to do, certain alliances has struggled to control their own members.

Forest 13 Mar 2014 09:28

Understanding, working with and to some extent deciding what other alliances do is integral to your own aims. This is politics.

There was a reason last round that Ult had 5 alliances backing them up and doing there bidding (and why some of those alliances have already agreed to do the same this round).

That is politics.

BloodyButcher 13 Mar 2014 09:50

Every alliance has their own agenda, and their own ethical code, you cannot make any alliance do anything against their own biddings.
Vikings claimed FL backstabbing them last round, FL denied this saying it was a mistake, a mistake leading to FL winning

Mzyxptlk 13 Mar 2014 10:08

That's exactly what PA politics is: convincing people to do what you want them to, or to refrain from doing what you don't want them to. You can't control what other alliances do, but you can influence it.

Why are we even talking about this?

jermain 13 Mar 2014 10:12

So back to the prediction........................

1. Immortals (Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)
2. Ultores
3. CT
4. Vikings
5. Spore
6. Faceless

fortran 13 Mar 2014 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3228914)
Also FL claims their political choice in the end was one big misunderstanding rather then a planned move

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3228914)
Vikings claimed FL backstabbing them last round, FL denied this saying it was a mistake, a mistake leading to FL winning

FL had two possibilities of mistakes and opted for the fattest and more political fragile misunderstanding.

BloodyButcher 13 Mar 2014 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortran (Post 3228924)
FL had two possibilities of mistakes and opted for the fattest and more political fragile misunderstanding.

You can't have it both ways, that's my point.
Claiming something was not planned, and then people say it was a well planned political victory is funny

Blue_Esper 13 Mar 2014 13:38

1. FAnG
2. Faceless
3. CT
4. Vikings
5. Apprime
6. Ultores
7. Insomnia
8. ND
9. HR
10. ROCK

Kaiba 13 Mar 2014 14:04

Politics will win, blockers will lose.

Could be a fun round tho, seems like Bitcher has found his retard mojo again! :D

Now do i play PA again or stick with FF14?

Choices, Choices!!

eksero 13 Mar 2014 14:38

ill vouch for you kai my pal!

Kaiba 13 Mar 2014 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by eksero (Post 3228930)
ill vouch for you kai my pal!

Cheers eksero 'my good pal' (spoken to you like once in 5 years)

Both games are full of ****s but I think ff14 takes it on every other front.

(Anyone playing drop me a message btw)

eksero 13 Mar 2014 15:01

I can feel the love <3

SantaCruz 14 Mar 2014 01:04

I'm playing FF13 - 3, lightnings return! badass game.
I don't know which alliances are playing full tag next round. If ultores is full again.
#1 Ults.
If ult isn't full
#1 CT
Finally faceless will have the most fun out of you all! ^^

lokken 14 Mar 2014 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3228915)

Politics means a lot, and it can make a huge difference in performance. However, you also need military power/strategy/consistency to really make it count. Many alliances have finished 2nd but not been able to make 1st because quite simply, there was too much opposition out there for politics on its own to overcome it, and they weren't good enough on their own. ND for example, have done this many times.

If alliances react to defeat by playing to stop others from winning rather than to improve their own position, then the answer is quite simply to not play politics or be a factor at all until very late in the round, if you can get away with it. This is pretty much how Faceless played last round, and I have my doubts that it was an intentional strategy beyond trying to get individually big planets. Of course if everyone plays like that, then the best alliance (Ultores) will win and then you get back to a state where you need to be more proactive.

The scenario for next round is pretty obvious. Ultores are going to throw a huge block at Spore, so there's no one to stop them using a combination of politics and military. This is a good strategy, because arguably there's no one as proactive as Spore to take advantage of that, and there looks to be some kind of attempt to take them out the running, early. The only reason you had politics as such a factor in r55 was because Spore created a scenario where it could happen (the alternative was everyone getting stomped by Ultores).

Blue_Esper 14 Mar 2014 12:07

lokken plz you make it sound like there is pre-round block vs spore. you should know ultores dont make pre round blocks, thats just bad politics.

Forest 14 Mar 2014 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3228991)
lokken plz you make it sound like there is pre-round block vs spore. you should know ultores dont make pre round blocks, thats just bad politics.

There is.

Again.

Paisley 14 Mar 2014 13:00

Any more details of who is bumming who this round?

lokken 14 Mar 2014 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3228991)

OK, last round your HC got caught out completely cold by a surprise move from Spore, and lost the round within the space of a couple of weeks, making you completely lose hope before half the round was over. Given that this happened, I'd hardly rule out the idea of your HC playing 'bad politics'. Ultores v Spore was a losing battle for Ultores for political reasons, yet they persisted with it for hundreds of ticks, instead of doing something different to try and get them back in the fight for #1.

Not that what I've described is bad by the way: the idea of Ultores fencing (current view of good politics) as the strongest alliance strikes me as not the way to play it.

Forest 14 Mar 2014 14:20

The problem is, ult come into the round with blocks, and then create more.

Take last round. Spore were happily gal raiding and staying out of war, when ult took a block of ult/hr/rock/fang/vik/FL and hit ct.
Spore left with no option but to help out CT or face 1) being next on ults list or 2) peeing of CT and co for not helping and then getting ult block+ct on em.

It is a little believed fact that Spore have not entered a round with any agreement. Infact, ct/spore had NO nap in place at any time last round.

But sadly, everytime ult plays a round, it ends up with two massive blocks of ult+friends V any alliances not invited into the block.

If people just refused to join these blocks it would be a lot better for pa and a much more fluid round.

lokken 14 Mar 2014 14:35

Well I disagree with that: Last round was excellent politically, it just didn't have a satisfying outcome. There's nothing wrong with blocking in itself. Ultores are doing the right thing, because it's less likely that someone will help out Spore, than Spore helping someone else out. And had Ultores defeated CT last round, it would probably have been game over.

Clouds 14 Mar 2014 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest (Post 3228998)
The problem is, ult come into the round with blocks, and then create more.

Take last round. Spore were happily gal raiding and staying out of war, when ult took a block of ult/hr/rock/fang/vik/FL and hit ct.
Spore left with no option but to help out CT or face 1) being next on ults list or 2) peeing of CT and co for not helping and then getting ult block+ct on em.

Actually, Ultores' only solid allie last round from an early stage was HR. Vikings/Faceless didn't assist Ultores until they were under fire from CT/ND. Yes, Ultores might have instigated a war with CT, but they didn't get any real support until CT/ND started cooperating.

To clarify, ROCK didn't cooperate until the end of the round, as they were busy with Apprime for the most part. FAnG were busy galraiding, they too didn't cooperate until the end of the round.

And Lokken, are you even playing PA anymore?

*End of the round = mid-end.

Bashar 14 Mar 2014 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3229001)
To clarify, ROCK didn't cooperate until the end of the round, as they were busy with Apprime for the most part. FAnG were busy galraiding, they too didn't cooperate until the end of the round.

That's interesting, as EVERY time we got hit by Ult, Rock and HR and Fang all came at us earlier in the night to soak up defence. Also, earlier in the round when Ult were trying not to antagonise Spore, we still had a lot of incomming from those 3 alliances (a lot more than gal raiding would provide unless they had deals that meant they could only gal raid Spore forts........ which is not gal raiding however you look at it). We just assumed that was Ult getting others to do their dirty work, but maybe those 3 alliances just don't like Spore and enjoy "gal raiding" our forts every night.

Forest 14 Mar 2014 16:37

I blame Zhil...

Bashar 14 Mar 2014 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest (Post 3229006)
I blame Zhil...

Valid point.

Kaiba 14 Mar 2014 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by SantaCruz (Post 3228974)
I'm playing FF13 - 3, lightnings return! badass game.
I don't know which alliances are playing full tag next round. If ultores is full again.
#1 Ults.
If ult isn't full
#1 CT
Finally faceless will have the most fun out of you all! ^^

Firstly why arent you playing FF14?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashar
That's interesting, as EVERY time we got hit by Ult, Rock and HR and Fang all came at us earlier in the night to soak up defence. Also, earlier in the round when Ult were trying not to antagonise Spore, we still had a lot of incomming from those 3 alliances (a lot more than gal raiding would provide unless they had deals that meant they could only gal raid Spore forts........ which is not gal raiding however you look at it). We just assumed that was Ult getting others to do their dirty work, but maybe those 3 alliances just don't like Spore and enjoy "gal raiding" our forts every night.

Requesting more information please.

a) was it EVERY time?

b) Did those 3 alliance attack you 3-4 ticks before Ultores raid or are we talking 1-2 ticks?

c) How many planets from each alliance were attacking you?

d) What do you consider a Spore fort?

e) Could it possibly be that because your planets were fat and all 3 of those alliances are known to hit whatever they like and not care if its a 'fort' that they could have been gal raids?

Personally B) is the one i want the answer to the most. Ultores are notoriously late raiders. HR and Rock are known for early raiding. I could quite happily believe that this scenerio could make it look like they were helping when infact they were just raiding fatties.

Forest 14 Mar 2014 20:26

They just happened to launnch on spore the same night and avoid ct/nd.
Or hit ND and avoid spore/ct.
Or hit ct and avoid nd/spore.
Every time.

Yup, coincedence indeed!

eksero 14 Mar 2014 20:43

Tbh, apart from the one week or so where spore got ganged up on, we didn't really have much incs, so if anyone actually hit us together then it was pretty poorly organized :/

Paisley 14 Mar 2014 20:46

Sounds like there are still a few grudges left from last round.

Blue_Esper 14 Mar 2014 22:50

you do realise that CT did coordinated hits on Ultores first though

Forest 14 Mar 2014 23:02

lol who would they co-ordinate with?

everyone was either on your block, or gal raiding :p

Blue_Esper 14 Mar 2014 23:57

coordinated doesn't necessarily mean they worked with someone. however in this case newdawn.

Bashar 15 Mar 2014 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3229021)
coordinated doesn't necessarily mean they worked with someone.

Errr..... what version of the English dictionary are you using?

BloodyButcher 15 Mar 2014 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashar (Post 3229039)

I like how he used the words cordinated and working together

Blue_Esper 15 Mar 2014 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3229046)
I like how he used the words cordinated and working together

seeing as we're all namby pamby about words these days. i didn't use either of those in my post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashar (Post 3229039)

let me clarify for you then. ...worked with someone out side their own alliance. it is possible to coordinate an attack on an alliance within your own alliance.

shocking i know.

Forest 15 Mar 2014 09:40

so ct co-ordinated a hit on ult with just ct?

and you hit them back with 5 other alliances?

Blue_Esper 15 Mar 2014 09:46

no

Kaiba 15 Mar 2014 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest (Post 3229069)
so ct co-ordinated a hit on ult with just ct?

and you hit them back with 5 other alliances?

I love how people fail at twisting other peoples words.

Esper quite clearly said 'people can coordinated on their own, BUT IN THIS CASE, NEWDAWN'

He was just clarifying to people who cannot read like Bitcher (i appreciate that English isnt your first language) that you can indeed coordinate on your own. Coordination is basically organisation. Every night you guys coordinate an attack on whichever galaxies you attack. The BC has 60 people to provide attack oppurtunities for, because he picks the range of targets and which time they will happen he is coordinating the alliance to do something as a whole at a certain instance.

Working with is a completely different thing. If signifies that one entity is actively in dialogue with another one to work together to achieve a goal.

Spore HC's have you gathered the information i requested yet btw?

We really need to know about these 'def drains'. Were they 1-2 ticks ahead of Ultores attacks or were they 3-5 ticks ahead and soaking all the way down to eta 2-1 then pulling?

Why are you so reluctant to share this information? Is it because if you were going to ask 2 alliances to defdrain it wouldnt be 2 that are notorious for crashing?

Androme 15 Mar 2014 10:57

Best Korea always gets no votes of confidence - hope he wins this around - about time someone with pure game and no politics wins

Mzyxptlk 15 Mar 2014 10:57

Forest:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Esper (Post 3229021)
however in this case newdawn.

lokken 15 Mar 2014 12:52

We're debating semantics here. The use of coordinating an attack is clearly being used to mean working with another alliance to organise an attack on the same target. As I understand it Spore are claiming that certain alliance launched a few ticks before Ultores to drain their defence. If they want to provide data, well that's up to them.

Complaining about incoming is a bit like Ultores getting mad because someone dared to stop them winning, but I'm just a facilitator, so carry on!

lokken 15 Mar 2014 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3229001)
And Lokken, are you even playing PA anymore?

No.

Clouds 15 Mar 2014 13:49

Then your insight is a bit flawed, is it not? Because you're evaluating your opinions based on speculation/rumours and not from direct experience.

lokken 15 Mar 2014 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3229093)
Then your insight is a bit flawed, is it not? Because you're evaluating your opinions based on speculation/rumours and not from direct experience.

You can always explain where it is flawed instead of trying to hide behind that. I still visit irc so there's no reason that my information is less accurate than anyone else's here.

KatoZee 16 Mar 2014 09:20

Excuse the new chap but how come Factory don't play in the normal round? Or do they only like to play during havoc when half the universe has stopped playing?