Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are you looking forward to? (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193932)

All Systems Go 2 Mar 2007 11:39

What are you looking forward to?

It occured to me last night that there is an increasing number of albums I am looking forward to this year so I thought I would share them with you.

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nighmare
this is the most obvious one to start with. their first album propelled them into the mainstream in a big way. It was a good first album and I have high hopes for the follow-up. I heard the fist single on the radio yesterday and I am encouraged though I would like to see a greater variation of the music than was apparant on the first album.

Rancid - yet to be titled
Despite having recently lost their old drummer of 15 years or so Rancid are still going strong and their last album (an ecelctic mix of all their previous styles) was well recieved. Having released an album (either Rancid or side-project) for 6 out of the past 7 years (when this is released) there is little reason to suspect this album will be a let-down.

tim Armstrong - A Poet's Life
this is by far the most annoyed at an album I shall be in this list. It was announced that to keep the Rancid tradition of an album a year A Poet's Life was to be relased one track at a time over the internet for free. What happened was two tracks were relased (with videos) and then it kind of died. Apparantly it has a release date for June 2007 so I can't imagine either the original idea of a free album or an album a year will be met.

White Stripes - Icky thump
After what feels like an age (it will actually only be 2 years which saw a side-project album) the White Stripes are back! Apparantly the new album is already recorded and mixed and is just waiting for release. It has been said this is an heavier album than the previous (which was mainly piano-based) and even though the last album was very good this announcement does come as something of a relief.

Well these are the highlights of my year (so far), especially the White Stripes as I'm really hoping they will be headlining Reading Festival which would be awsome. I'm desperatly they aren't playing Glastonbury as I forgot to sign up for on-line ticket sales which expierd yesterday.

What are you looking forward to this year?

KoeN 2 Mar 2007 12:32

Re: What are you looking forward to?

the Tour de France.

Deffeh 2 Mar 2007 13:04

the inevitable collapse and disolution of the arctic monkeys

lokken 2 Mar 2007 13:49

I hear their second album is going to be a rerelease of their first

Flayer 2 Mar 2007 14:03

The new radiohead album of course! And also whatever ryan adams is up to nowadays.

JonnyBGood 2 Mar 2007 14:43

The 300. I've never looked forward to the release of music in my life actually.

Dark_Mage 2 Mar 2007 15:05

Shellac - Excellent Italian Greyhound
I've waited seven long years so it better be good. I know it will be though :)

Throbbing Gristle - Part Two
I would say I've waited 25 years for this album but I haven't been alive that long so I can't. It's Throbbing Gristle ffs. Throbbing Gristle!

Nondescript Human 2 Mar 2007 15:54

The new Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins albums and the last Harry Potter book.

demiGOD 2 Mar 2007 16:15

The new Metallica and Megadeth CDs. They should come out this year.

Also the fight of the decade, Mayweather v. Delajolla. This will be a good fight, can't wait!

Hebdomad 2 Mar 2007 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deffeh
the inevitable collapse and disolution of the arctic monkeys

I don't think there's anything I'm looking forward to this year. The radiohead album will be interesting, but I'm not really looking toward to it. The White Stripes' album should be interesting too. I don't think there's a particular book I'm looking forward to either. But then I don't know what's being released.

midge5 2 Mar 2007 18:44

I was looking forward to the end of my first job which happened yesterday :up: hopefully no more 15 hour shifts for a while.

Music wise... nothing. Other than the ones you mentioned I couldn't name a single album coming out this year, or even any bands intending to release one.

Like Jonny I am really looking forward to 300 though, the trailors looked brilliant.

A bit sadly I am also looking forward to the final Harry Potter whenever that will be released this year.

Opi 2 Mar 2007 18:47

I'm looking forward to Rage Against the Machine hopefully touring Europe some time in the future. Also curious whether the new Metallica album will be any good.

_Kila_ 2 Mar 2007 18:49

Tonight.
Jamie T.
One of the girls I'm going with is ill so it's just me and my girlfriend.
I am goign to sell the other ticket for profit \o/

furball 2 Mar 2007 18:53

The final Harry Potter book, 300, tomorrow night's party.

(in reverse order)

All Systems Go 2 Mar 2007 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by midge5
I was looking forward to the end of my first job which happened yesterday :up: hopefully no more 15 hour shifts for a while.

Music wise... nothing. Other than the ones you mentioned I couldn't name a single album coming out this year, or even any bands intending to release one.

Like Jonny I am really looking forward to 300 though, the trailors looked brilliant.

A bit sadly I am also looking forward to the final Harry Potter whenever that will be released this year.

New Arcade Fire album is out VERY soon, though I'm not too fussed about that.

I've just remembered I'm also awaiting the new Guns N Roses album not being released for another year.

Rinoa 2 Mar 2007 18:54

Joss Stone ofc. She didnt attemtp drunken publicity at the brits for no reason you know

pablissimo 2 Mar 2007 21:00

That tune's great, and the vid. <3 T&F

jt25man 3 Mar 2007 04:01

It's sad, so many of us looking forward to the last Harry Potter book...how many of you pre-ordered it already?

_Kila_ 3 Mar 2007 12:37

I'm also looking forward to the next harry potter book!
Beans on Toast tonight.
Release of Cajun Dance Party's single.
Arctic Monkeys' new album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Systems Go
New Arcade Fire album is out VERY soon, though I'm not too fussed about that.

It's been leaked for some time and is AMAZING. I highly recommend it.

All Systems Go 3 Mar 2007 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt25man
It's sad, so many of us looking forward to the last Harry Potter book...how many of you pre-ordered it already?

Did you?

Tomkat 3 Mar 2007 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
tomorrow night's party.

<3

Me too :cool:

jt25man 3 Mar 2007 14:29

Quote:

Did you?

Nah, I'll just go to Wal-Mart at 11:59pm and stand in a gawd-awful line to buy it.

All Systems Go 3 Mar 2007 14:55

Quote:

Nah, I'll just go to Wal-Mart at 11:59pm and stand in a gawd-awful line to buy it.

Will you be dressed up like a wizard?

Cannon_Fodder 3 Mar 2007 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_
I'm also looking forward to the next harry potter book!
Beans on Toast tonight.
Release of Cajun Dance Party's single.
Arctic Monkeys' new album.

It's been leaked for some time and is AMAZING. I highly recommend it.

Kila you said it was shit on IRC. You really are pissing me off.

Also 300 :up: I just hope they don't ruin it with some love plot that takes precedence over the action.

_Kila_ 3 Mar 2007 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
Kila you said it was shit on IRC. You really are pissing me off.

what
I claimed that Funeral was mediocre when I first heard it; I've never said anything negative about Neon Bible.

Tomkat 3 Mar 2007 15:30

Kila you told me in PM on IRC that you thought the Cheeky Girls were brilliant musicians/lyricists.

_Kila_ 3 Mar 2007 15:33

only because you claimed that they were your sisters

jt25man 3 Mar 2007 15:46

Quote:

Will you be dressed up like a wizard?

Alas, I'm not that dorky, I didn't even dress up for the midnight viewing of Star Wars Episode III that my buddy and I went to. We did see some smartass dressed up in a Star Trek uniform whom everyone was hassling.

All Systems Go 4 Mar 2007 01:25

Quote:

Alas, I'm not that dorky, I didn't even dress up for the midnight viewing of Star Wars Episode III that my buddy and I went to.

that's really quite sad, considering how bad the other two* were.

Quote:

We did see some smartass dressed up in a Star Trek uniform whom everyone was hassling.
that's what I'd be doing. Appearing in Star trek gears rather than being hasslesome. Irritating is so illogical. It makes far more sense to be the irritant.

*five :p

ComradeRob 4 Mar 2007 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
Shellac - Excellent Italian Greyhound
I've waited seven long years so it better be good. I know it will be though :)

I don't generally look forward to new music, but this is something I really am looking forward to. Steve Albini is one of the few people in music that I would happily worship.

There isn't really anything else in terms of music/books/movies that I'm eagerly anticipating; I'll just wait and see what shows up. One thing I am definitely waiting for, though, is Spore.

Alki 4 Mar 2007 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Kila_
I am goign to sell the other ticket for profit \o/

I hate fags like you, just sell it at face value

pyirt 4 Mar 2007 11:48

Sunday Roast. Yum yum :)

_Kila_ 4 Mar 2007 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alki
I hate fags like you, just sell it at face value

I couldn't even get face value for it - I didn't intend to stand there selling it outside, I went to those dudes who stand outside buying and selling the tickets, none of them offered me more than £10 for it (£2 loss :()

Deffeh 4 Mar 2007 13:45

before anyone says £2 is nothing, please note that this is 20% of kila's weekly pocket money

pyirt 4 Mar 2007 14:10

Quote:

before anyone says £2 is nothing, please note that this is 20% of kila's weekly pocket money

Kila needs a pay rise.

_Kila_ 4 Mar 2007 14:21

Quote:

<Deffeh> £40 a week what the ****
<Deffeh> thats what i live off now
:(

jerome 4 Mar 2007 14:43

looking forward to things generally make them worse, i've mastered the art of going to things with low or no expectations by now though so life is going pretty great. looking forward as in hyping up and excitedly awaiting the release of an album with a hand on your cock to pass the days by the way. i do echo dante's sentiments on spore though, if/when that comes out it'll probably be the first game since civ 2 that i'll bother to waste my time with for a good few years

Cannon_Fodder 4 Mar 2007 14:48

jer, rob said it, not dante

Deffeh 4 Mar 2007 14:48

thats a pretty strong reccomendation dude, one that ill have to take into consideration :o

jerome 4 Mar 2007 15:19

oh, right yeah that was pretty impressively mixed up right there

Mistwraith 6 Mar 2007 11:27

Items not yet dispatched:
Delivery estimate: 5 Mar 2007 - 15 Mar 2007

* 1 of: Lucifer: Evensong (Lucifer): Evensong (Lucifer)
Sold by: Amazon.co.uk

the last in the series ...

less looking forward to .. more surveying the doorstep every morning in anticipation.

Demon Dave 6 Mar 2007 12:22

I'm looking forward to the new Travis album, it's been about 4 or 5 years since their last proper studio album, and the new Kings of Leon album.