Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   Alliance Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   R60 mid round turmoil (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200717)

BloodyButcher 26 Jan 2015 14:31

R60 mid round turmoil

Seems like this round is finaly kicking off, the top allies are firing at each other, blood is being shed, coukd this round turn out to be interesting for a change?

[B5]Londo 26 Jan 2015 16:24

Re: R60 mid round turmoil

That seems unlikely. I don't see anything out of the ordinary about top ally having to fight several others to keep its place (perhaps I'm old fashioned though, its my first round since r39).
But it depends on your definition of interesting I guess!

[DDK]gm 26 Jan 2015 21:46

it has been very quiet on here.. kiaba must be bored

Adapt 26 Jan 2015 23:01

just the same as the past rounds...

BloodyButcher 27 Jan 2015 02:50

Relation Change 410 p3nguins has declared war on Ultores !
Clearly some action eh

Shhhhhhh 27 Jan 2015 07:06

Are p3nguins fighting Ultores on their own?

Mzyxptlk 27 Jan 2015 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh (Post 3239749)
on their own?

Funny.

(I don't actually know if they are or not, but I know PA politics, so.)

Joseph 27 Jan 2015 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3239751)
Funny.

(I don't actually know if they are or not, but I know PA politics, so.)

so??? p3n fight ult is funny? bcoz of pa politics? enlight us =)

Patrikc 27 Jan 2015 12:18

The funny part he was referring to is "on their own".

Master 27 Jan 2015 16:44

From what I hear, although I'm probably wrong as I'm not in p3ng, but certain members have told me that p3ng the last few days have been hit by ct, bf and nd. So seems they are trying to take on everyone lol

BloodyButcher 27 Jan 2015 16:51

I thought BF was with P3ng/FL/Viks? Surely they aint targetting p3ng

Master 27 Jan 2015 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3239756)
I thought BF was with P3ng/FL/Viks? Surely they aint targetting p3ng

Only repeating what I was told. Probably not now but they did hit p3ng forts apparently with nd and ct. Obviously we can see In game p3ng have now declared war on Ultores so... Maybe politics have changed since 2 days ago?

BloodyButcher 27 Jan 2015 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master (Post 3239757)
Only repeating what I was told. Probably not now but they did hit p3ng forts apparently with nd and ct. Obviously we can see In game p3ng have now declared war on Ultores so... Maybe politics have changed since 2 days ago?

Well p3ngs are mainly only forts, its pretty hard avoiding hitting them.

Master 27 Jan 2015 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3239758)
Well p3ngs are mainly only forts, its pretty hard avoiding hitting them.

3 alliances to hit forts 2/3 days straight and not piggying each other? Must be more organisation then "eny miny mo"

Ie Sunday -3.9%
Monday -5.6%
Today (thus far) -4.7%

Someone's obviously hitting them and looking at Ultores stats the past few days don't think it's them..

BloodyButcher 27 Jan 2015 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master (Post 3239759)
3 alliances to hit forts 2/3 days straight and not piggying each other? Must be more organisation then "eny miny mo"

Ie Sunday -3.9%
Monday -5.6%
Today (thus far) -4.7%

Someone's obviously hitting them and looking at Ultores stats the past few days don't think it's them..

BF was hitting two Bows fort yesterday, wierd p3ng looses the same amount of roids after they went to war with Ult, and BF aint hitting them.
P3ng are CR/BS, and they are in forts, they are natural targets for FI/CO/FR/DE allies.

Master 27 Jan 2015 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3239760)
BF was hitting two Bows fort yesterday, wierd p3ng looses the same amount of roids after they went to war with Ult, and BF aint hitting them.
P3ng are CR/BS, and they are in forts, they are natural targets for FI/CO/FR/DE allies.

I know how stats work to be honest but thank you for the update :)

TheoDD 27 Jan 2015 17:54

I'm wondering if either of you actually do.

Kaiba 27 Jan 2015 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3239760)

How is forted cr/bs a natural target for f r/de???

When in 60 rounds of pa has this EVER been the case???

Galaxy of 10-12 that's max of 36 ingal fleets and cr/bs is easiest to fake....

Clouds 27 Jan 2015 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiba (Post 3239764)
How is forted cr/bs a natural target for f r/de???

When in 60 rounds of pa has this EVER been the case???

Concentrate builds into FR based anti BS. The Investor smashes BS quite easily if you have adequate value into this ship.

Plaguuu 27 Jan 2015 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3239765)
Concentrate builds into FR based anti BS. The Investor smashes BS quite easily if you have adequate value into this ship.

If you dont get frozen first

Clouds 27 Jan 2015 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaguuu (Post 3239766)
If you dont get frozen first

Well obviously, but I've found BS not to be all that strong, unless you want to put most of your value into Guardians.

BloodyButcher 27 Jan 2015 21:02

No FR allies wants to hit xans.
So hitting CR/BS allies is the best option

Joseph 27 Jan 2015 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrikc (Post 3239754)
The funny part he was referring to is "on their own".

i see it now =)

DrunkenViking 27 Jan 2015 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3239768)

?

BloodyButcher 28 Jan 2015 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkenViking (Post 3239771)
?

Cus of the broadsword.

TheoDD 28 Jan 2015 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyButcher (Post 3239768)

Since you keep spewing out things like this...
Best for Fr/De alliances would be to hit Fr/De/Co targets

Not Cr/Bs... and nice that you point out due to Xan... and Broads... which again is CR! You contradict yourself to such a far extent.

Patrikc 28 Jan 2015 08:27

Just because Xan has a Cruiser doesn't mean it's part of "CR/BS allies".

NoXiouS 28 Jan 2015 12:41

You can land xans with FRDE even if they have broads, it's just a matter of balls. Which some of you clearly do not have, but it's fine.

Yes, there's a little turmoil in the top 3, but according to what I know and hear, it's mostly their own fault for messing up with everyone a bit too much. I'm a fan of hitting everyone and everywhere, but sometimes it's good to spread the load a bit.

I would also like to congratulate BB for a valiant attempt, too bad it backfired a bit.

Blue_Esper 28 Jan 2015 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoXiouS (Post 3239776)
You can land xans with FRDE even if they have broads, it's just a matter of balls. Which some of you clearly do not have, but it's fine.

Yes, there's a little turmoil in the top 3, but according to what I know and hear, it's mostly their own fault for messing up with everyone a bit too much. I'm a fan of hitting everyone and everywhere, but sometimes it's good to spread the load a bit.

I would also like to congratulate BB for a valiant attempt, too bad it backfired a bit.

only an idiot would land on 10k broads pal

Mzyxptlk 28 Jan 2015 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoXiouS (Post 3239776)
balls

It does not take courage to reduce a bunch of numbers on a screen by an order of magnitude. Just stupidity, carelessness or lack of desire to do well.

[B5]Londo 28 Jan 2015 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clouds (Post 3239767)
Well obviously, but I've found BS not to be all that strong, unless you want to put most of your value into Guardians.

Given that there are five times as many Guardians in the universe as Tycoons BS based etds are clearly doing just that. Near 40% of my ship value is in Guardians.

NoXiouS 28 Jan 2015 15:51

Mzy: So losing ships is a sign of stupidity, one should never attack if there's a chance of losses? and on a side note, calcs without values/scores/xp gains are rather pointless.

BE: 10k broads at this point is a bit too scary to land on, yet there may be scenarios where such a land could be worth it (properly warring another tag, not just swapping roids for example). if the first wave landing and killing those broads enable all the later waves to land for free, it can very well be worth it in the bigger picture.

[B5]Londo 28 Jan 2015 16:09

People have a surprising love of rationalising loss making lands. I saw a 300k loss land on 8k broadswords today, didn't even kill the broads.
Didn't you get the memo? value is king again.

NoXiouS 28 Jan 2015 16:32

oh I did get the memo, and yes, some lands are just stupid, but there can be scenarios where lands with losses are acceptable, hence declaring any lands with losses as stupid, careless and lacking the desire to do well is very selfish and just shows true color. IF there was a scenario that me losing ships to help others land after me benefited alliance more than the losses I took, I'd land it.

Pls do understand that I'm not in anyway encouraging people to plainly crash, rather suggesting that sometimes taking calculated losses is worth it.

Mzyxptlk 28 Jan 2015 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoXiouS (Post 3239780)
Mzy: So losing ships is a sign of stupidity, one should never attack if there's a chance of losses? and on a side note, calcs without values/scores/xp gains are rather pointless.

I gave 3 reasons why one would crash, so I don't know why you decided to pick stupidity as the main one.

Something that might happen should never stop you from launching an attack. What should stop you from landing an attack is the prospect of losing far more than your opponents and too low a cap to make up for it in a reasonable amount of time.

You mentioned XP. That's funny in and of itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B5]Londo (Post 3239781)
Crashers have a surprising love of rationalising loss making lands.

Fixed!

[B5]Londo 28 Jan 2015 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoXiouS (Post 3239782)
IF there was a scenario that me losing ships to help others land after me benefited alliance more than the losses I took, I'd land it.

I just cant see this scenario happening. It is very unlikely you would be attacking a planet with lots of broads using frigates in the first place. Far more likely you have 3 attacks in the same gal and you gamble on who has gotten the short straw, not exactly a selfless kill the broads for the alliance land.
Say you make this land, lose several hundred thousand in value, the guys broads are toast. However, he has also just got half of them back as salvage - you have bought yourself a day without them tops, in which even in wartime it is unlikely you will hit his gal again. Broads are not really helpful anywhere else, a lucky prelaunch perhaps.
You have bought this dubious gain with a big permanent value loss to your alliance's attacking power. Honestly I don't see why this is appealing to anyone.

NoXiouS 28 Jan 2015 16:54

XP, even if gimped and this being a value round, is still a considerable contributor to score. Just take a look at the top 2 planets, one has 1m score from XP, one has significantly less, and which one is at the top?

Mzyxptlk 28 Jan 2015 16:58

I had not actually seen that, but I maintain that at round end, the planet with the most value will be #1 on score as well. We'll see!

[B5]Londo 28 Jan 2015 17:02

I'm not disputing an xp land, Im disputing the proposition that making a huge value loss land can be for the alliance's benefit.
XP is a personal gain, of some use to your alliance in the race for the top sure but not near so much as the same in value.
Possible exception the last week or so ofc.
This seems to have become something of a strategy rather than alliance orientated discussion.

Serio 28 Jan 2015 19:07

This thread got less funny

Paisley 28 Jan 2015 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B5]Londo (Post 3239787)
I'm not disputing an xp land, Im disputing the proposition that making a huge value loss land can be for the alliance's benefit.
XP is a personal gain, of some use to your alliance in the race for the top sure but not near so much as the same in value.
Possible exception the last week or so ofc.
This seems to have become something of a strategy rather than alliance orientated discussion.

Made a good point... XP crashing isn't desirable from a DC perspective Its easier to cover incs if your allymates strategy is value based rather than a xp crasher.(think fleet logistics for covering INCs a Good DC will be aware of this concept)
Unless you have r16 conditions and XP was to become a expendable commodity it is of more benefit to have your alliance members/mates to go value.

BloodyButcher 29 Jan 2015 02:02

Newest gossip is that ND declared war on the univers once again, and was even so kind to post logs in pastebin to make sure everyone felt that they were up to date with their plans.

Bane 29 Jan 2015 04:53

War in a war game.

Oh noes /o\

[B5]Londo 29 Jan 2015 13:19

So what is happening?
Ultores fighting P3nguins, p3n losing atm.
Black Flag fighting RainbowS, bows losing atm.
CT fighting ND, ND losing atm.
is that accurate? its just my impression from the p-targets in my gal and KIA.

Influence 29 Jan 2015 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B5]Londo (Post 3239800)
So what is happening?
Ultores fighting P3nguins, p3n losing atm.
Black Flag fighting RainbowS, bows losing atm.
CT fighting ND, ND losing atm.
is that accurate? its just my impression from the p-targets in my gal and KIA.

CT/Vikings/Oddr/Faceless vs ND
ND vs Vikings

Mzyxptlk 29 Jan 2015 15:06

That certainly explains a (record?) 19.4% roid loss in one night.

Wishmaster 29 Jan 2015 15:11

Attacking is so 2014.

Why war eachother when you can war the miningpage without making any enemies?

Mzyxptlk 29 Jan 2015 15:42

Wish clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

DrunkenViking 29 Jan 2015 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaster (Post 3239804)
Attacking is so 2014.

Why war eachother when you can war the miningpage without making any enemies?

qft!

[DDK]gm 29 Jan 2015 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk (Post 3239803)
That certainly explains a (record?) 19.4% roid loss in one night.

i think we still hold that record :/