Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Valentines Day (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189720)

pig 10 Feb 2006 23:16

Valentines Day

So what are you doing for it?

If I still have a girlfriend Im going for the simple touch of buying 12 red roses, a card and then dinner. You cant **** that up surely. Ive booked a table at a nice little italian restaurant, it does candles and shit that night so hopefully she will be impressed. IF I dont have a girlfriend by tuesday then I am going to ask out this cute girl in my lecture on monday.

roadrunner_0 10 Feb 2006 23:20

Re: Valentines Day

go for it :)

bought the wife a CD she wanted, no doubt i will get something nice that i have asked for at some point since christmas, i will cook us something on the night, not sure what yet though

All Systems Go 10 Feb 2006 23:22

If she says yes are you going to take her to the same place and would you tell her?

JonnyBGood 10 Feb 2006 23:26

I'll be having sex with your girlfriend.

pig 10 Feb 2006 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Systems Go
If she says yes are you going to take her to the same place and would you tell her?

no im not stupid ;p

furball 10 Feb 2006 23:32

Valentines Day?

**** VALENTINES DAY. **** RELATIONSHIPS. **** LOVEY-DOVEY COUPLES WHO WON'T KEEP THEIR ****ING HANDS OFF EACH OTHER IN FRONT OF YOU. **** HEAD-CASES WHO PRETEND THEY LIKE YOU ONLY TO STICK YOU IN THE FRIENDS ZONE. **** GIRLS WHO THINK THEY CAN HAVE IT ALL AND THEN CRY ON THE NEXT IDIOT'S SHOULDER WHEN THEY FIND OUT THEY CAN'T. **** GIRLS WHO LEAD YOU ON, **** GIRLS WHO WANT TO SEE YOU FALL. **** PRETENTIOUS BITCHES WHO THINK THAT THEY'RE BETTER THAN YOU. **** IT ALL.

Any questions? Check this thread out. You'll want to pay attention to my posts. I didn't post a conclusion, no doubt you can work it out for yourselves.

All Systems Go 10 Feb 2006 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig
no im not stupid ;p

No to both questions or just the second one?

Ste 10 Feb 2006 23:51

well, I hate it and always have. I really try not to make any special effort whatsoever.
Then I suprise them with a thoughtful* gift so they love me more than ever :)

gf is getting a balloon and a cuddly bear delivered to her. (yay internet!)
Can't decide whether to get her a card or not...

Roses are so cliche. I can't believe people still buy them for valentines day and even more that girls actually want them. (oh wow roses for valentines day who'd have thought it)

*by thoughtful i mean not roses

Obliterate 11 Feb 2006 00:18

I think a single red rose delivered by hand is quite romantic (and it's what I'll be doing!)

Tomkat 11 Feb 2006 00:21

Yes and a cuddly bear isn't cliched at all Ste... :rolleyes:

I plan on going out and getting drunk on Valentine's day. My theory is; any girls who are out in bars or whatnot will be single and hopefully very depressed about it, so I can take advantage of their vulnerable situation!

OneColourRed 11 Feb 2006 00:23

I'm going to the dentist to have root canal which i'll have to pay for

thats after i take the car to the garage for a £200 repair bill :(

after that who can afford to buy roses for aynone

Ste 11 Feb 2006 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat
Yes and a cuddly bear isn't cliched at all Ste... :rolleyes:

I plan on going out and getting drunk on Valentine's day. My theory is; any girls who are out in bars or whatnot will be single and hopefully very depressed about it, so I can take advantage of their vulnerable situation!

the cuddly bear came free with the balloon :(

But good plan btw :up:

furball 11 Feb 2006 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomkat

I'm in fact doing the same, but to complicate it I'm going out with a good female friend of mine (no sex has, is or will ever be involved) to go and pull people. Everyone should be single, so that's one obstacle gone. On the other hand, I'm ****ed if all the girls think I'm seeing her. Damn.

Ste 11 Feb 2006 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by furball
I'm in fact doing the same, but to complicate it I'm going out with a good female friend of mine (no sex has, is or will ever be involved) to go and pull people. Everyone should be single, so that's one obstacle gone. On the other hand, I'm ****ed if all the girls think I'm seeing her. Damn.

if you have a female friend with you they could think you're gay.
don't worry.
(if they think you're not going to leech on them then they'll talk to you and let you leech on them)

furball 11 Feb 2006 00:52

Oh shit.

Dante Hicks 11 Feb 2006 00:58

Valentine's Day is a terrible day. Fortunately, I'm single this year so \o/.

Ste 11 Feb 2006 01:07

the male equivalent is so much easier to understand.
Steak and blowjob day.
What could be simpler? and better?

Jennifer 11 Feb 2006 01:36

Roses are cool if you happen to know your girlfriend hasn't been sent roses before because everyone she's ever dated before thought they were too cliche to ever give them.

Having said that, I'll be having a night in. He's cooking dinner, I'm making desert. There will probably be candles and lots of sex with the candles at an safe distance. Safety first, and all that.

1-X 11 Feb 2006 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer
There will probably be candles and lots of sex with the candles at an safe distance.

I think you need a comma after the word sex :p

Snurx 11 Feb 2006 01:56

I'l probably be crying myself to sleep over loves lost

Or not. Being single, as shit as it is sometimes, is for me the best. Regular sex and all that is nice, but it always gets me into trouble.

Demon Dave 11 Feb 2006 02:04

I'll be doing the same thing I do every year, gettting stupidly drunk and trying to forget all about it (this year's worse, flatmate has asked me to vacate the flat for the night so he and his girl can have a nice romantic evening together :mad: )

dda 11 Feb 2006 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer
Roses are cool if you happen to know your girlfriend hasn't been sent roses before because everyone she's ever dated before thought they were too cliche to ever give them.

Having said that, I'll be having a night in. He's cooking dinner, I'm making desert. There will probably be candles and lots of sex with the candles.

What?

pablissimo 11 Feb 2006 02:06

I anticipate either a night of Special Guinness (cheers, Mark for the idea) or heading to the anti-Valentines effort one of the Unions is having.

Speed-dating eh. Proposterous.

pig 11 Feb 2006 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
well, I hate it and always have. I really try not to make any special effort whatsoever.
Then I suprise them with a thoughtful* gift so they love me more than ever :)

gf is getting a balloon and a cuddly bear delivered to her. (yay internet!)
Can't decide whether to get her a card or not...

Roses are so cliche. I can't believe people still buy them for valentines day and even more that girls actually want them. (oh wow roses for valentines day who'd have thought it)

*by thoughtful i mean not roses

well this is our fitst vallentines together so it cant be that cliche, i havent bought her roses before, anyway what girl doesnt like roses?

TheBerk 11 Feb 2006 04:46

I got given a rose tonight. Ok, it was from an ex-girlfriend, and she had originally bought it for her (now ex) boyfriend, and he threw it upon the floor, and it got trodden on. But I did get given a rose, followed by lots of kisses, so now I am praying I don't have to sort anything out for valentines day... That would just be annoying.

Hicks 11 Feb 2006 05:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obliterate
I think a single red rose delivered by hand is quite romantic (and it's what I'll be doing!)

If you're about seven I imagine it's the way to go !

Cooling 11 Feb 2006 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hicks
If you're about seven I imagine it's the way to go !

Grown ups give real gifts, like toasters! and irons!

NEWSBOT3 11 Feb 2006 08:42

I shall be staying in, at home, on my own.

no doubt getting increasingly drunk as I curse the stupid idealist demands of this stupid ****ing society.

But my escape will not work because blizzard are ****ing ****s.
Oh yes, because people that play WoW really want to ****ing hand 'love tokens' to other ****ing players and all that shite. **** OFF. There was no ****ing need at all to do in game event for this utter tripe day, but nooooooooooo you had to be ****s about it , you ****ing french bastards.

**** off.

and you know what there's ****ing wreaths. ****ing rose wreaths everywhere. Just because the ****s cant be ****ed to actually add content to the game thats useful but instead waste time on ****ing shite like this for ****ing days that no-one gives a flying **** about.

****ers.

and the bastards are even biggoted in their ****ing french idealistic shite outlook on life.

can i give ****ing love day things to a guard of the same sex ? no i can ****ing not. No hot man on man stormwind guard sex for me.

and al lthe ****ing rivers have to have stupid bastard floating ****ing candles in them. ****s sake.

KoeN 11 Feb 2006 09:27

i'll deliver her some roses i guess. and we're going to some restaurant in a forest to have high tea. (she organised that).

i'm really really crap at romance but i'll do my best. i hope she doesn't expect much.

Ste 11 Feb 2006 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
Oh yes, because people that play WoW really want to ****ing hand 'love tokens' to other ****ing players and all that shite. **** OFF. There was no ****ing need at all to do in game event for this utter tripe day, but nooooooooooo you had to be ****s about it , you ****ing french bastards.

**** off.

please please say there is a way of hiding until someone has just handed over a love wreath then jumping out from behind a rock and killing the bloke screaming "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" right in front of the girl then rounding on her and chasing her through the town to rape in a back alley?

That would make me want to play the game.

MrL_JaKiri 11 Feb 2006 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Valentine's Day is a terrible day. Fortunately, I'm single this year so \o/.

I'll go out with you ;-*

JonnyBGood 11 Feb 2006 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
I shall be staying in, at home, on my own.

no doubt getting increasingly drunk as I curse the stupid idealist demands of this stupid ****ing society.

**** off.

and you know what there's ****ing wreaths. ****ing rose wreaths everywhere. Just because the ****s cant be ****ed to actually add content to the game thats useful but instead waste time on ****ing shite like this for ****ing days that no-one gives a flying **** about.

****ers.

and the bastards are even biggoted in their ****ing french idealistic shite outlook on life.

can i give ****ing love day things to a guard of the same sex ? no i can ****ing not. No hot man on man stormwind guard sex for me.

and al lthe ****ing rivers have to have stupid bastard floating ****ing candles in them. ****s sake.

At least five different parts of me just died a little inside.

NEWSBOT3 11 Feb 2006 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyBGood

i'd see a doctor about that.

MrL_JaKiri 11 Feb 2006 12:38

Quote:

Don't worry, it's just NB3 being retarded.

Blizzard have done little events like this for basically every occasion (All Hallow's Eve, Christmas, New Year, now Valentine's) and the team that does them is independent of the "new content designing" bit in any case.

Plus, you know, stuff.

JonnyBGood 11 Feb 2006 12:41

That's even worse :((((((((((((((((((((((((((

JammyJim 11 Feb 2006 12:42

i feel your pain jonny :(((((

will you be my valentine? <3 <3

MrL_JaKiri 11 Feb 2006 12:46

Quote:

That's even worse :((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Stalin has a romantic heart <3

JonnyBGood 11 Feb 2006 12:50

Oh JJ you've made me as happy as a schoolgirl being led away by dace with a bunch of candies in his hand.

JonnyBGood 11 Feb 2006 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Stalin has a romantic heart <3

All Stalin wanted for Christmas was a dead Trotsky :(

What? I did get it? Hurrah!

midge5 11 Feb 2006 14:27

Pig, what happened to the French girl?

As for me, I have a fun night in doing coursework planned.

NEWSBOT3 11 Feb 2006 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Don't worry, it's just NB3 being retarded.

Blizzard have done little events like this for basically every occasion (All Hallow's Eve, Christmas, New Year, now Valentine's) and the team that does them is independent of the "new content designing" bit in any case.

Plus, you know, stuff.

**** you hippy!

Dead_Meat 11 Feb 2006 15:13

I'll be on a plane to Nebraska.

Chika 11 Feb 2006 15:14

I already gave the wife a valentines day present, so on the 14th, I don't have to do anything.

BlacK_Bengudo 11 Feb 2006 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn
last valentine's day i was going into kingston to get drunk.
during the bus ride there a girl commented to me... "you won't pull dressed like that"
that was nice.

thats always nice to hear...

btw, the editing thing aint that wierd, i dont know if its because i didnt have any special attachment with the old "edit", like you guys had...
:rolleyes:

Deepflow 11 Feb 2006 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by horn
last valentine's day i was going into kingston to get drunk.
during the bus ride there a girl commented to me... "you won't pull dressed like that"
that was nice.

That's exactly what you get for going out in Kingston

stop doing it!

edit: I will probably be working, I just found out (in a letter delivered to me today) that I have a presentation to do on 19th Century European History at 9am on the 15th. So I shall be working on that.

pig 11 Feb 2006 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by midge5
Pig, what happened to the French girl?

ill concentrate on my gf first and foremost, the french girl can wait etc.

Stew 11 Feb 2006 20:09

I shall be in a hotel in Skipton.
Not with a girl though, working :(

Cannon_Fodder 11 Feb 2006 20:32

Rent boy?

Stew 11 Feb 2006 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniborp
Rent boy?