Planetarion Forums

Planetarion Forums (https://pirate.planetarion.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://pirate.planetarion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   England / Portugal (https://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191466)

Deepflow 3 Jul 2006 15:05

Re: England / Portugal

I can't help thinking that Beckham, Owen and Rooney would all have scored their penalties :(

wu_trax 3 Jul 2006 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepflow
I can't help thinking that Beckham, Owen and Rooney would all have scored their penalties :(

If a player thinks about how many times his team has lost on penalties in the last years chances are good that he is going to blow it. Also, the fact that you dont have one single decent goalkeeper on your entire island doesnt help much.

gzambo 3 Jul 2006 17:10

they have given, reina and cech , oh wait they dont qualify,
the germans have missed 1 penalty in the world cup because they pratise them al the time
efficency does it every time

Apothos 3 Jul 2006 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by wu_trax
If a player thinks about how many times his team has lost on penalties in the last years chances are good that he is going to blow it. Also, the fact that you dont have one single decent goalkeeper on your entire island doesnt help much.

What are you talking about? Paul Robinson is a decent goalkeeper. Atleast comparable to Lehman at this Worldcup statistic wise, only conceded two goals, but i suppose they weren't against the mighty Costa Rica, so maybe you have a point.

PS. I'm hoping Germany win it. :)

gzambo 3 Jul 2006 17:25

personally would like to see any team but portugal purely cause i cant stand deco , ronaldo or carvalho

i reckon the germans will win

Ste 3 Jul 2006 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by gzambo
personally would like to see any team but portugal purely cause i cant stand deco , ronaldo or carvalho

France and Italy are just as bad though :(
And noone ever wants to see the Germans do well...

I guess they're the best of a bad bunch now...

jerome 3 Jul 2006 18:38

why would anyone want anyone bar france and zidane to win?! :(

milo 3 Jul 2006 19:07

because its a good team, id like a france/germany final as they're both playing nice positive football, my dream would then be france winning 3-2 with two henry goals and the winner being a zidane 30yrder

Nadar 3 Jul 2006 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by milo
because its a good team, id like a france/germany final as they're both playing nice positive football, my dream would then be france winning 3-2 with two henry goals and the winner being a zidane 30yrder

Maybe France is playing nice positive football, but good God it's boring to watch.

Leshy 3 Jul 2006 19:44

I'm rooting for Germany now.

Deffeh 3 Jul 2006 19:56

Robinson comparable to lehmann this tournament?

Dont make me lol. Robinson couldnt catch a cold, didnt save one penalty, and only made one save of any note.

Craig Gordon > Paul Robinson. Seriously.

Phang 3 Jul 2006 20:33

yes, deff, but loathe as i am to admit it craig gordon is an exceptional talent.

milo 3 Jul 2006 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadar
Maybe France is playing nice positive football, but good God it's boring to watch.

matter of opinion, im certainly enjoying it more than the england team

Ragnarak 3 Jul 2006 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deffeh
Robinson comparable to lehmann this tournament?

Dont make me lol. Robinson couldnt catch a cold, didnt save one penalty, and only made one save of any note.

Craig Gordon > Paul Robinson. Seriously.

Robinson completely went to pieces. He's been solid all season and come the WC he plays shit. :(

Deffeh 3 Jul 2006 22:03

I thought he had an exceptional season (indeed - such an exceptional season that he shut me up - i wasnt previously a fan) but despite being a "very good" keeper, he is pretty much england keeper by default, isnt he? There are no real challengers to him.

People forget he was the Leeds keeper when they got relegated and conceded 72 goals or something? Granted, the leeds defence was pish that year, but that doesnt mean he was blameless. The point i'm trying to make is he is not infallible.

And seriously, Craig Gordon (Hearts) is a better keeper than anyone england have at the moment. Even if you'd id him for fags.

Ste 3 Jul 2006 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragnarak
Robinson completely went to pieces. He's been solid all season and come the WC he plays shit. :(

Did I miss the game where he made lots of mistakes or something?

I thought he played like an average keeper. It wasn't as if he had any saves to make in 5 games...